Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Nose prints on my windows.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2004, 03:41 AM
hsdavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nose prints on my windows.......

My roaster is less than a week old now and I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this.

My daughter wanted some gummy bears so I took her over to Walmart last night. When I came out, there were at least 8 people crowded around my car, peeking in the windows and ohh-ing and ahh-ing over the car. It was a bit embarassing having to get them to move so I could drive away. Also, my daughter, who is 16, has been systematically marching her friends over the house to check out the Z.

What have other members had to deal with as far as other checking out their cars? I love the attention for my new car, but does the glitter wear off?
Old 02-21-2004, 11:26 AM
NAPZ

I've had my Z now about 7 months now and the "ohh-ing" and "ahh-ing" have not stopped. Gas attendents, passer-by's, I get alot of "what kind of car is that?, wow really nice". I don't get all that many crowds but when I'm at work I park it near my window to keep an eye on it and see alotta people staring and lokking inside. Which sucks in a way because I feel pressure to always keep it insanely neat inside to keep up with the Z image.
Old 02-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Hupperware

When the toneau goes up, the pants go down...
Old 02-22-2004, 09:57 AM
theSmoothDome

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by NAPZ
I've had my Z now about 7 months now and the "ohh-ing" and "ahh-ing" have not stopped. .
Isn't it great. Yeah us!
Old 02-22-2004, 12:16 PM
zmann

I've had the roadster since August, and even still I'm amazed at how many people don't know what it is, comment on what a sharp car it is, and just gawk at it. Let's face it, those of us that follow cars like this are a minority. The average joe out there probably doesn't know Toyota from Nissan from Ford...really...there was a time (long ago) that I didn't and if not for me an my sons, my wife and their girlfriends wouldn't. There really aren't many Z's on the road, much less roadsters...the attraction will likely continue...enjoy it!!
Old 02-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Hupperware

Originally posted by zmann
There really aren't many Z's on the road, much less roadsters...the attraction will likely continue...enjoy it!!
Part of that statment is correct... but there are Zs on the road everywhere. I see at least 2 a day on the way to work, and at least 2 on the way home... different ones. I have only seen 3 other roadsters anywhere...

This is the main reason I went with the roadster.
Old 02-22-2004, 04:30 PM
topdown-z

Talking All the Attention

WHY WOULD YOU EVER WANT THE GLITTER TO WEAR OFF ???
Old 02-22-2004, 04:44 PM
DoubleD

I have even had people come into my carport looking at my roadster. I can't go to the mall without people coming to my roadster. I am thinking about getting an alarm system to keep people away from the car. The attention is great, but I am afraid that someone with accidentally scratch the paint. Oh well, the price for the fame...
Old 02-22-2004, 09:24 PM
Beaker02

After 8 months, just when I thought the attention had worn off, had at least 3 people doteing over it this week.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:22 AM
Richardew

The attention it gets should make it harder for anyone to steal or mess with. You really love it though, don't you.
rich
'03 FX 45 w/tech, Black/Brick
'96 911 C4 Cab
'04 350ZR 6MT, SS/BO w/18's and NAV
Old 02-23-2004, 08:32 AM
SeanG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having a beautiful car like the Z makes me warm and fuzzy inside. Having others stare and show their approval just makes things that much better. Should make us all feel like we made an awesome choice.
Old 02-23-2004, 12:26 PM
mrice
Banned

Originally posted by Beaker02
After 8 months, just when I thought the attention had worn off, had at least 3 people doteing over it this week.
My ZR is stored for winter, I miss her.... like the commercial says, goes like hell, like a slice of heaven. I have had problems with the dealer (too painful to recount) but I LOVE this car. Top down, summer nights, open road and let her rip. (have to be careful tho, still on a major ticket for 94 in my Focus). Lots of thumbs up from young and old. Im envious of you with warm weather all year....
Old 02-23-2004, 01:23 PM
hrohawg

Here's you a nose print story.....

I have a 1 1/2 week old PPW 5AT roadster with 500 miles. Saturday, the wife and I go to a sporting event with special parking. As we pull into the very back entrance to the lot, I ask the attendent "Does the lot ever fill up to the very back row and if not, is it OK if I park at a 45 across two spaces?" She says, heck yeah, it never fills up. So I go ahead and park in a corner space, taking up two.

As we're walking away, the attendent supervisor happens by and says that at a 45 like that, someone might clip the front corner and it would be just as well to straddle the line, yet park parallel instead. So, I get back in the car and do that just to make him happy. We go on in to the event and afterwards, returning to the car as soon as we get within view it is apparent that there are no other cars within 40 yards of our precious, brand new, sparkling clean ZR. Except one. Some ******* in a 4 door POS Honda Accord or some **** parks right next to us 2' away!!!! He's straddle the line as well. ****er has 20 ****in' acres of empty concrete to park in and apparently just can't resist!!!! Of course, the first thing I do is tell the wife if there's a ding I'm going to jail as the police were plentiful only 20 feet away and I was going to put a foot through the ****er's door.

Luckily, theres not a scratch, ding, nothing. Nothing except a few nose prints where there were previously none. I guess he was just a fan. An ignorrant fan, an *******, a dumbshit redneck, I don't know but a fan nonetheless judging by the prints.

Moral: Park at a 45 regardless of what the man says. Nose prints just come with the territory.
Old 02-23-2004, 01:25 PM
MrNicholas

The attention my z receives is no less than amazing. Every place I go people constantly stare/point/oooh!/ahhh!.

Now the downside of this is that I have been hit up for more money/rides from strangers than I ever have in my life. I was even in a situation where I thought I was being targeted for a carjacking.

But the upside trumps all: chicks DO dig nice cars*.

As for the numbers of Z's in my area, I know of 3 coupes and 2 roadsters (including my own). And the 2nd roadster is owned by another person on this forum. Which is just fine, it still means that I get noticed

* I really hate to make such a generalization, and I apologize to any females that might be annoyed by it, but my own empirical evidence over the past month indicates that it's true.
Old 02-23-2004, 09:00 PM
006Roadster

It's absolutely amazing, peaple gaze at the car as if it was a $250,000 Ferrari. I know a bunch of coupe owners and the phenomenon seems to be the roadsters. In my opinion the roadster has perfect lines, the coupe does not. I recently pulled into a gas station to fill my baby up and there was guy filling up his new pick-up. His hot girl was sitting in the cab. She could not get her eyes off the car or me...who knew looks came so cheep.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:27 AM
Hupperware

Originally posted by hrohawg
Here's you a nose print story.....

I have a 1 1/2 week old PPW 5AT roadster with 500 miles. Saturday, the wife and I go to a sporting event with special parking. As we pull into the very back entrance to the lot, I ask the attendent "Does the lot ever fill up to the very back row and if not, is it OK if I park at a 45 across two spaces?" She says, heck yeah, it never fills up. So I go ahead and park in a corner space, taking up two.

As we're walking away, the attendent supervisor happens by and says that at a 45 like that, someone might clip the front corner and it would be just as well to straddle the line, yet park parallel instead. So, I get back in the car and do that just to make him happy. We go on in to the event and afterwards, returning to the car as soon as we get within view it is apparent that there are no other cars within 40 yards of our precious, brand new, sparkling clean ZR. Except one. Some ******* in a 4 door POS Honda Accord or some **** parks right next to us 2' away!!!! He's straddle the line as well. ****er has 20 ****in' acres of empty concrete to park in and apparently just can't resist!!!! Of course, the first thing I do is tell the wife if there's a ding I'm going to jail as the police were plentiful only 20 feet away and I was going to put a foot through the ****er's door.

Luckily, theres not a scratch, ding, nothing. Nothing except a few nose prints where there were previously none. I guess he was just a fan. An ignorrant fan, an *******, a dumbshit redneck, I don't know but a fan nonetheless judging by the prints.

Moral: Park at a 45 regardless of what the man says. Nose prints just come with the territory.
Sorry man, have to disagree with this. I hate it when people park across lines, at 45s, or in any way that takes up two or more spaces. It's arrogant. Moral: If you don't want the Z dinged, don't drive it. I know you are just trying to protect it, but you are also pissing people off. The fact probably remains that if you don't park stupid, the guy doesn't park near you. The guy with the Accord paid probably just as hard of earned money for the car and for his ticket to the game as you did. What gives you the right to take away parking spaces. I don't mean to go off on a rant, but everytime I see some MF with his BMW that he thinks is the $hit parking across 2 or more spaces I just want to key the MF. Yes your car is cool. No you don't have to be arrogant about it.

Last edited by Hupperware; 02-24-2004 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-24-2004, 07:33 AM
Nic00Z28M6

agreed
Old 02-24-2004, 07:57 AM
Scott Webb

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I see so many Z Coupes and Roadsters each day to and from work I can no longer count them. Even in LA, however, a modified Roadster gets points, nods and stares.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:06 AM
350zluvr

I think that's the reason he asked the parking attendent if the spaces in the back ever get filled up. So as to not be an a$$. He even went on to mention later in his post that when he came back there was no one else around him except the Accord. I agree that people parking around him would not know that he was courtious about parking the way he did, but who will see his car anyway at the very end of the lot by itself.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:31 AM
hrohawg

Originally posted by Hupperware
Sorry man, have to disagree with this. I hate it when people park across lines, at 45s, or in any way that takes up two or more spaces. It's arrogant. Moral: If you don't want the Z dinged, don't drive it. I know you are just trying to protect it, but you are also pissing people off. The fact probably remains that if you don't park stupid, the guy doesn't park near you. The guy with the Accord paid probably just as hard of earned money for the car and for his ticket to the game as you did. What gives you the right to take away parking spaces. I don't mean to go off on a rant, but everytime I see some MF with his BMW that he thinks is the $hit parking across 2 or more spaces I just want to key the MF. Yes your car is cool. No you don't have to be arrogant about it.
In my own defense here, I wasn't being arrogant, read my post again. I was parked in the back of an area of 200 empty spaces with assurances (and they were totally accurate BTW) from more than one attendent that doing so would be fine. I would NEVER take up two spaces in a crowded lot under any circumstances. I wasn't trying to deny anyone a spot, I was simply trying to send a message to others to leave a little room as there was more than plenty to go around.

You've seen the commercial on TV where they are showing an empty lot with a single car in the middle? Along comes a smoking heap and parks right next to it? It's humorous right up until it's your car getting the damage..

Quick Reply: Nose prints on my windows.......