Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Pix of roadster with GT wing requested (& newbie qns)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Axl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pix of roadster with GT wing requested (& newbie qns)

Or any wing for that matter? Hope you guys dunt think it's too rice, haha.

Btw, I'm a newbie here... currently driving a '00 328i, am itching to get e Z33 'vert. Hope you guys can help me out with some qns of mine...

1) What are the popular spring/coilover choices among enthusiasts? Nismo, Stillen, GC etc?

2) Are there any RELIABLE aftermarket FI solutions out there?

3) Is it possible to order the roadster with Brembos, like the Coupe Track specs?

4) Do intake/exhaust mods yield significant gains?

Am completely new to Z tuning... or Jap cars for that matter, so pls bear with me! Cheers...
Old 03-09-2004, 05:10 AM
To350ZorZ4

Default Re: Pix of roadster with GT wing requested (& newbie qns)

Originally posted by Axl
Btw, I'm a newbie here... currently driving a '00 328i,
I'm a newbie too and therefore of no help to you and your questions, but I noticed that you must be a bmw fan also since you own a 328. As you may have read in my other posts, I'm torn between the Z4 and the 350Z. They are very close in many ways, but the BMW has a better build quality and well, it's a bmw. I have a 328 now and I love bmw. The 350Z is a lot more bang for the buck and is the practical choice. But, I still have a little voice in my head that says "get the bmw". Maybe it's an addiction. However, BMW means and extra $12K+.

I'm curious if you had this same dilemna and if so, how did you finally decide on the 350Z.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:28 PM
iseedipp

I have a 00 323CI my parents said i could get whatever car i wanted i'll prob be getting a 04 ZRoadster fully loaded... i had the same prob i loved the bmw name but the z looks a lot nicer or i might get a slk32 amg but prob a 350Z
Old 03-10-2004, 12:42 AM
ZRAYGO

1) What are the popular spring/coilover choices among enthusiasts? Nismo, Stillen, GC etc?

I have the TIEN Full Coilover set w/ edfc (electronic dampening force controler...its a pretty good kit that most z owners are using

2) Are there any RELIABLE aftermarket FI solutions out there?
I haev also purchased the greddy Twin Turbo for my fi....pretty reliable.

3) Is it possible to order the roadster with Brembos, like the Coupe Track specs? Yes it is.

4) Do intake/exhaust mods yield significant gains?
yes it does.

Am completely new to Z tuning... or Jap cars for that matter, so pls bear with me!
Dotn worry I am also. By the way, here is a pic of the kit that I have purchased for my z, with a nice rear wing
Attached Thumbnails Pix of roadster with GT wing requested (& newbie qns)-ntnsracing_1767_213572784.jpg  
Old 03-10-2004, 12:45 AM
ZRAYGO

Here i sa pic of the z from the front.
Attached Thumbnails Pix of roadster with GT wing requested (& newbie qns)-ntnsracing_1767_213480669.jpg  
Old 03-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Axl

Default Re: Re: Pix of roadster with GT wing requested (& newbie qns)

To 350ZorZ4:

Hi hi... yup, I really enjoyed my current ride but feel that it's time to move on. Actually I think both e Z4 and 350Z are quite impractical... especially if it's a daily driver. The Bimmer has got build quality (esp e interior?) and prestige going for it... while e Z has got bang-for-bang, as well as old school big displacement going for it. Correct me if I'm wrong: but even the 3.0L z4 6-spd or SMG will be slower than e 6-sp 350Z right?

As for me, I'm quite bored of the Bavarian marque, and feel like changing to a sportscar. Evos/STis are STILL 4-dr sedans... dunt really dig the RX8's looks, and the M3's outta my budget.

To iseedipp:

Is that the new SLK55? It looks like a mini SLR... and supposedly it's gonna handle better outta the box compared to the 1st gen.

To ZRAYGO:

Thanks for all yr info pal. Read of a Z somewhere doing 400+wbhp. Can only imagine!! Nice kit... but not really feeling the wing. But that's just me yar...

CHEERS!