Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

My Windshield on my Roadster cracked for NO REASON. Anyone else have this problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 12:19 PM
ssk0771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My Windshield on my Roadster cracked for NO REASON. Anyone else have this problem?

I have a big L shape crack on my winshield on my Roadster.

I don't know what caused it. I just happen to notice this the other day. I took it to the dealer and they said that its not covered by warrenty which I already figuered.

The crack is right in the middle where there is a rear view mirror.

I think it might have been the heat we had few days ago or maybe an impact from opening & closing the top. I really don't know.

Anyone else have this problem on the Roadster?
Old 04-02-2004, 05:37 PM
mode101

I had the same thing happen to my other car. A stone had hit the window and chipped it. It didnt start spreading until it warmed up some. And it spread on from there. I found a place that gave me $100 (cost of my deductible) and fixed it through my insurance co. You might look into that.

good luck
Old 04-02-2004, 07:13 PM
mwest300zx

Most likely something hit it and put a small chip in it. Then moisture/condensation got in there between the external layer of glass and the laminate. Then a change in temperature caused the moisture to expand and "Voila" that's french for holy sh--t, where'd that come from!
Normally, your comprehensive will cover it less your deductible. Had you caught it before it spread you probably could have had it repaired and your insurance would have paid for it and very often they will waive the deductible for a repair vs. replacement.