Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 09:00 PM
elyliu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe they dont like the lemans color?
Old 09-27-2004, 03:12 AM
LemanZ

If they don't like the lemans color, than why they check out my car for? Specially when I parked with the top down. I guess the color lemans sunset is not suitable for the oldies to own. But certainly will catch their eyes.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:02 AM
milanista

Originally posted by LemanZ
Yesterday, I parked my ZR with the top down near the beach to have some lunch. anyway, I was just near my car. A guy (about 45 of age) driving in a gold SC just look at my car and shake his head. Can't understand what he mean!!! Sometime these happen with other driver such as SLK, boxster, s2000, ...etc
They were shaking their heads in disgust at their stupidity for spending almost twice as much for a woman's wannabe sports car...Either that or they didn't like the pumpkin color car you drive...
Old 10-05-2004, 07:02 AM
zmann

We drove (my wife's car) and LS 400 for about 6 years. I was over it much sooner than that. A couple of Maxima SE's convinced my wife that she enjoyed riding in my car than the Lexus...now she is driving an Infiniti FX 45 and neither of us have looked back! As far as the SC, I think an appropriate way to describe it is as an accessory...the entire car is an accessory to a lifestyle. It does what it is designed to do...look good and behave at all times. It is a beautiful car and I, too, would find it surprising that many of us ZR owners even considered the SC. I did price them, but never had that much an interest in driving it. There never was any other choice for me but the Z. I did drive the Boxster S, but that was only recently and it confirmed in my mind I got the right car for myself. And that of course is the point of it all anyway...get what you want and enjoy. There is a season to everything and I don't know that I'll always want to drive the Z, but for now, it suits my needs and wants perfectly. Eventually I'll probably want something a little more comfortable to get in and out of and a little softer...but I hope those days are way off! For now, it's all about the Z!!!
Old 10-27-2004, 03:29 PM
E.F. VaBeach

Hey, what's with all these cracks about "old" guys - aged 45?? !!

I'll be 55 next year, I drive a Z roadster (drive the hell out of it, actually), and the other guy at work who drives one is 56. Then again, we're both retired military pilots who have gone twice the speed of sound multiple times, so cool machines are in our blood.

Great machines like the Z are timeless. Literally.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:43 PM
KingofScion

i'm 25. I got a Z. Z roadster, daytona blue.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Whataguy5431

Default Tried them all

I live in an upscale area where Ferrarris, DB7s, cobras and lambos are pretty common. I'm 55, can afford any of above and have fallen in love with my Zeta, 04.5 Lemans Sunset w/BO. The only mod I've done so far (lots planned) is a PopCharger (well worth the measly $125).

The 430 is a nice car, but it's not competing with the Z. The Z is about nostalgia, fun, accelleration, turning fast corners. The 430 is NICE, LUXURY, the Z is Suck it up and have Fun.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:32 PM
KingofScion

I might be 30 years younger with virtually the same car as you, but I wish as I had as much equity in my house as you
Old 11-10-2004, 02:56 PM
YBLegal

Originally posted by LemanZ
Yesterday, I parked my ZR with the top down near the beach to have some lunch. anyway, I was just near my car. A guy (about 45 of age) driving in a gold SC just look at my car and shake his head. Can't understand what he mean!!! Sometime these happen with other driver such as SLK, boxster, s2000, ...etc
Maybe it was your Color.. when i had my LeMans Touring Coupe.. i got that alot to.. I love the color on Z's i had someone talk **** about the color of my car cause he didnt know it was my car and car was coming out of the valet... ****ing dumb ***...

LOL but who cars man!! long as yur happy with thats all matterS
Old 11-12-2004, 02:08 AM
arcada

My father had a SC430 before getting the SL55.
My impression w' the SC is that the fit & finish is superb but performance wise it feels like you're driving an E430 sedan.

Last edited by arcada; 11-12-2004 at 02:10 AM.