350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Pros and Cons of the 04 Roadster v/s the 05

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 08:22 AM
freqflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Save your bucks

Originally posted by DanOnTheRoad
Question for you and other roadsters - Do you find...

1. The inside road noise loud?
2. That there is a big blind spot due to no rear quater windows?
As compared to other convertibles, the blind spots in this car are not really better or worse. You do sit down deeper in the car than most, but the seat is so close to the rear window, there is not much of a blind spot.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:20 PM
KingofScion

1. The inside road noise loud?

Wind noise, road noise, yo can hear everything, even the guy in the z4 sh*ting his pants when you pass him.

2. That there is a big blind spot due to no rear quater windows?
blind spots make weaving at crusiing speeds a pain.

Just My two Cents.
Old 11-10-2004, 01:30 PM
freqflyer

Oh, one more topic - Roof Leaks.

My Spyder's roof leaks in 4 places and after 3 tries the dealer still can't get it right. It only really leaks a lot if I take it through a touchless car wash. ie. high presure wash.

Has anyone come across that with the roadster's top?
I had a 01 spyder GT with the same roof leak problems. I have to say I have not seen any of those with the Z.

THe bottom line is that this car has it's issues just like any other. The differnece is the performance and the fun definitiely outweigh the down sides. GO get the best deal you can and join in on the fun.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Zcool

I have a 2004.5 Touring model with 7,000 miles. I have had zero problems and my only complaint was the difficulty in seeing to the rear with the top up. I have adjusted to this and it is still a little aggravating but I don't consider it a problem.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:11 AM
DanOnTheRoad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Zcool
I have a 2004.5 Touring model with 7,000 miles. I have had zero problems and my only complaint was the difficulty in seeing to the rear with the top up. I have adjusted to this and it is still a little aggravating but I don't consider it a problem.
Can you post up any larger pics of your car? Is that a factory spoiler?
Old 11-11-2004, 08:26 AM
stonecrd

While any convertable will pick up road noise, generally my stereo is high enough I don't notice it. What I do notice is very low wind noise on the highway when the top is up. I had a Solara covert and that top whistled so bad that I couldn't drown it out.

Blind spot is something to watch out for but its made up with the great view you have when the tops down
Old 11-11-2004, 05:12 PM
maxpowers

Oh, one more topic - Roof Leaks.

My Spyder's roof leaks in 4 places and after 3 tries the dealer still can't get it right. It only really leaks a lot if I take it through a touchless car wash. ie. high presure wash.

Has anyone come across that with the roadster's top?
I've washed my car a lot and have never had a leak problem.
Old 11-11-2004, 08:16 PM
mwest300zx

I am probably older than most of you guys. I got my license in 1965. My first car was a Triumph Spitfire. My second car(1st new car) that I bought with a student loan was a 1966 Mustang convertible 271hp/pony package. I have never not owned a convertible since then. Currently I have my 04 350zr,93 300zx convertible,64 Mercedes 230sl, 03 Sebring convertible(family car), Miata,and a 66 Mustang convertible (not my original one). All convertibles are louder than hardtops. Some convertibles louder than others. Actually, I am impressed with the 350z, it is one of the quietest convertibles I have ever been in. The hardtop convertibles like the Lexus SC430 will give you a quieter interior, but any soft top will be nosier.Visibility in a convertible is also not as good as hardttops. It comes with the joy of owning a convertible and learning to make better use of all of your mirrors. Also, you have to be prepared to accept the rattles that will happen. It is not a matter of if they will happen it is a matter of when. If you are into convertibles then these are all issues that come with the territory. If you can't deal with them then dump the ragtop and get a hardtop. For me these are minor issues that are well worth the enjoyment I get cruising with the top down. I live in N.J. and any day that is above 45 degrees, somewhat sunny and dry the top is going to be down. I may have the heater on and my gloves & earmuffs on but the top is down.