Notices
350Z Roadster General discussion for the 350Z Roadster

Z hardtop looks better than Roadster?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006 | 11:40 PM
dongkeykong

dam dude no need to get your panties in a bunch. i was merely stating that the droptop z doesn't appeal to me esthetically TOP UP. if you like it fine. know my role? if you've read any of the other posts there are more than a few z owners that also do not like the appearance of the roadster with the top up. you're probably one of em. why else did you only post pics with your top down. your car does look nice but no need to bash on the s2000. glorified go cart? please...try harder next time heard all your corny bs before.

Last edited by dongkeykong; 11-22-2006 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-23-2006 | 12:07 AM
rlw222

Originally Posted by jackie chan
with the top down the roadster is pretty damn sweet looking

Old 11-23-2006 | 12:22 AM
rlw222

Originally Posted by Steve-O Z33
I think the roadster should somehow look more like a Solstice. Maybe a shorter wheelbase. There is too much room behind the seats/top. I wanted a convertible but I chose the hardtop instead. I love the roadsters with the top down but the top up look hasn't grown on me yet. I think maybe the touneau (sp) cover needs redesign.

I just sold 1 a grey color the car looked sweet but was not quality the differential was junk bad wind noise cheap plastic interior poor trany and the turbos comming out for 30k [with some options on it] still have all the probs . thats why i sold it with 9k on it and bought a car that was 1 yr older but MUCH more quality , power,comforts,and imo style . oh almost forgot the Z has a trunk where the solstice does not when the top is down belive me i know first hand .
Old 11-23-2006 | 01:36 AM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by dongkeykong
dam dude no need to get your panties in a bunch. i was merely stating that the droptop z doesn't appeal to me esthetically TOP UP. if you like it fine. know my role? if you've read any of the other posts there are more than a few z owners that also do not like the appearance of the roadster with the top up. you're probably one of em. why else did you only post pics with your top down. your car does look nice but no need to bash on the s2000. glorified go cart? please...try harder next time heard all your corny bs before.

I'm totally with you man.

If I was buying a convertible, I would have taken an S2000 over a 350z Roadster in a heartbeat. The S just looks and feels right the way it was designed....as a pure drop top.

Don't get me wrong, 350ZR's are nice too but they should have a contract where you're obligated to have that top down ALL THE TIME, unless it's raining of course.

All and all, I think this thread was started with input on aesthetics, not on the scent of flowers you can smell while cruising in a Z Roadster.
Old 11-23-2006 | 09:20 AM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR

If I was buying a convertible, I would have taken an S2000 over a 350z Roadster in a heartbeat. The S just looks and feels right the way it was designed....as a pure drop top.

The S2000 is a cool car, but you have to be short to drive it, anyone over 5'10 is going to find it tight and somewhat uncomfortable... With my 6'4 frame I couldn't even get my foot over the clutch, not enough leg room.....

Odds are if the S2000 convertible had a coupe counterpart you guys would be rippin on the S2000 convertible also... All convertibles with there top up is not going to look as smooth as its coupe counterparts, but with the top down (which is why you buy the car) it makes the coupe look rather plain looking...
Old 11-23-2006 | 09:33 AM
jdmz33hellafast

hardtop is the shizzle but i don't mine a Z roadster
Old 11-23-2006 | 09:37 AM
norapat01

in most case seems like coupe models look better than convertible models...i.e. F430, Gallardo,....
Old 11-23-2006 | 09:39 AM
3kgt48

With the Roadster you get WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more attention, specially when its topless. One thing that I dont really like about my roadster is the raddles. I dont hear anything most of the times because my music is too loud but when I am going up my drive way I hear lots of noise from the car and my car is in perfect condtion with only 14k on it. and its a 2004. One of the only reason I chose the Z was the fact that it was a sexy convertible with lots of power ( at the time) for its price range. I dont regret buying it tho. I guess it depends what you like. if you are really into performance and racing you can buy a coupe and spend the 10grand difference modding it. But for me attention is a big factor. If I wanted a hardtop I would have bought a G35, or an ugly *** sti. But it all depends on ur taste.
Old 11-23-2006 | 12:24 PM
Nismo350ZRT

Well, I've had both so I think I'm qualified to speak on this matter. LOL. The ppl who say an S2000 is a better roadster are funny. Why don't you trade your coupe in for an S2000 and put the hardtop on it if it's such a great car? The S2000 is a high revving torqueless 4-banger which has to be driven like you stole it to go fast. Not my cup of tea.

As far as looks go, the coupe is definitely better looking than the roadster with the top up. I think you're nuts if you try to dispute that. With the top down, the roadster is definitely badass looking.

BTW I've got a coupe now.
Old 11-23-2006 | 12:32 PM
Anthony C

damn "my350z.com " is filled with a bunch of haters towards other cars....

i think STi's and Evo's are hot looking and alot better performance wise then my Z...

yes i own a 350z BUT im not like most o fyou on here who think its the best car inthe world.... theres alot of haters on here towards other cars... its actually quite sad really...

BTW if you took offense to this post then good cause your one of those ppl... i LOVE all cars and where one lacks another gains...
Old 11-23-2006 | 12:34 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

If you were obsessed with the VQ:

Roadster ZR
Coupe G35
Sedan G35/Maxima
SUV FX35

The coupe never appealed to me. Maybe cause my old FWD could smoke it. I only got the ZR cause it was a good deal and the convertible fun factor otherwise I would have gotten a GTO or G35.
Old 11-23-2006 | 12:35 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
Well, I've had both so I think I'm qualified to speak on this matter. LOL. The ppl who say an S2000 is a better roadster are funny. Why don't you trade your coupe in for an S2000 and put the hardtop on it if it's such a great car? The S2000 is a high revving torqueless 4-banger which has to be driven like you stole it to go fast. Not my cup of tea.
Because my coupe is not a convertible and I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't really have interest in any type of roadster.

But given the choice of drop tops, I would rather have an S2000 than a 350z roadster. The Honda is a sexy and fun little ride with the top up OR down.

(Like if given the choice of only an AUTOMATIC transmission, I'd drive an AMG car over an BMW M-series. It just seems more fitting that they're designed from the ground up that way, and that's just my honest opinion.)

"Trade" my @ss...
Old 11-23-2006 | 01:01 PM
InZpire

Can anyone here just agree that roadsters actually look good.....just with the top down?

Everyone who keeps saying their roadsters look good keeps posting pictures of their cars with the top down. OBVIOUSLY, the car does look great, now post pictures of your car with the top up and let everyone say they look better than the coupe.
Old 11-23-2006 | 01:32 PM
Nismo350ZRT

Originally Posted by InZpire
Can anyone here just agree that roadsters actually look good.....just with the top down?

Everyone who keeps saying their roadsters look good keeps posting pictures of their cars with the top down. OBVIOUSLY, the car does look great, now post pictures of your car with the top up and let everyone say they look better than the coupe.
I agree but unfortunately there's always a group of meatheads that just refuse to accept the obvious.
Old 11-23-2006 | 02:18 PM
Anthony C

yes, the hard top looks better than the roadster does with the top up.

but the car is more enjoyable when the top is down compared to that of a hard top...

damn this forum is filled with a bunch of ppl who debate over the dumbest things and who think their Z owns over all others...

anyways, there..... there's a shot of my Z with the top up....
Old 11-23-2006 | 02:23 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

VERSUS

Old 11-23-2006 | 02:31 PM
Anthony C

the s2k was my first choice in honesty... drove 40 miles to the dealership for an 02 silver s2k... they sold it prior to me gettin there... in anger i stopped at nissan and drove home with my roadster
Old 11-23-2006 | 02:56 PM
dongkeykong

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR

Don't get me wrong, 350ZR's are nice too but they should have a contract where you're obligated to have that top down ALL THE TIME, unless it's raining of course.

All and all, I think this thread was started with input on aesthetics, not on the scent of flowers you can smell while cruising in a Z Roadster.

happen to see a Z with the top up on the road today and i've changed my mind i think they look great now! woohoo!!
Old 11-23-2006 | 03:38 PM
Built2shredZ

Originally Posted by InZpire

I'm a picture ***** so what the hell

BTW, I think the coupe looks awesome, but it does look very similar to a Porsche 911 (not a bad thing), so IMO the Roadster with its top up looks more unique then the coupe

I luv to argue
Attached Thumbnails Z hardtop looks better than Roadster?-z05-e.jpg   Z hardtop looks better than Roadster?-z08-e.jpg  

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 11-23-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-23-2006 | 04:38 PM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
I'm a picture ***** so what the hell

BTW, I think the coupe looks awesome, but it does look very similar to a Porsche 911 (not a bad thing), so IMO the Roadster with its top up looks more unique then the coupe

I luv to argue
Your roadster is a bloody exception though. Love it with the top up.

Quick Reply: Z hardtop looks better than Roadster?