Notices
370Z Audio & Video 370Z on board entertainment, electronics, sound systems etc.

2013 With Bose - How Hard to Upgrade to Nav?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Bryan H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 With Bose - How Hard to Upgrade to Nav?

I'm looking at 2013 Touring models (which come with Bose systems). I'm having a hard time finding any with the optional navigation system. My question is, how hard is it to add navigation to a Bose equiped 2013 model? From photos, the factory HU is a unique shape and doesn't look to be easily replaceable. What are my options?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan
Old 10-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have Bose, you could just swap out the factory headunit with an aftermarket one with navi and get a metra kit.

It's mostly an issue if you already have factory navi, as the AC controls are built into the navi screen.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Bryan H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's my real question, if if doesn't have factory navi, what are my options with a factory Bose system to add navigation?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can add any double din HU with built in navi. As far as adding factory navi to one w/out navi, it's not worth the cost and trouble. Of course, with money, it can be done; but then again you'd be better off just buying the top of the line aftermarket double din HU.

All you really need is a PAC-ROEM NIS adapter to utilize the Bose Amps to work with the headunit. Pretty simple.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:00 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan H
That's my real question, if if doesn't have factory navi, what are my options with a factory Bose system to add navigation?
Find a car with the same model year that's been totaled that has the BOSE/NAV system you want, rip out the ENTIRE system, including amps, HU, wiring harnesses, antennas, screens, controllers, microphones, etc., then gut your car and replace/add components as necessary. Your ECU might also require a re-flash since the components are supposedly bi-directional on Nissan's CONSULT tool. That's the simple answer to your question.

The logical answer is to get rid of everything BOSE in your car and get a nice aftermarket HU with NAV that is easy to update and in the end is going to cost you a lot less in time, money and frustration.

You can also just keep looking until you find a car with everything you want on it and buy that one. If you're seriously buying new, then a dealer can have the car custom ordered for you direct from the factory to your desired spec and 6 weeks later, you'll be handed the keys (a friend of mine did it this way to get the EXACT car he wanted).

Last edited by zakmartin; 10-31-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 PM
yogipower

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was on the same boat too but i changed my mind because it's not an easy job and some guys from dealer told me that its almost impossible to do it and cost WAY more than buying nice double din HU. keep us update!