Notices
370Z Wheels & Tires 370Z Rims and treads

370 with Volks

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they look like photoshops... and the wheels are ****ing humongous and ugly either way.

I will wait until the real pics come out if they are photochops though.

...offsets matter and the 370 has some weird ones stock.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:57 AM
radamez

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not feeling those rims at all.......I do like the stance on the red 370....very nice.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:11 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,447 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by KManZ
Needless to say, the Genesis looks sick:

The 370 looks so-so. Eventually though, there is going to be a 370Z set up that is going to make everyone's jaw hit the floor.
1. WTF does the Genesis have to do with this thread?

2. That rear 1/4 panel window looks ****ing retarded.

That is all.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Motormouth
Banned

they like it because it is 'slammed' on 'large rims'. it, is also a photoshop, or shot with a wide angle lense which makes the car look a lot sleeker as well (look at the perspective on the rims).

the ****ed up side glass on that car reminds me of that old Subaru with the two window frames.

Last edited by Motormouth; 12-18-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
1. WTF does the Genesis have to do with this thread?

2. That rear 1/4 panel window looks ****ing retarded.

That is all.
LOL...exactly.

I will say, thay they did a nice job overall on that car.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:06 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
LOL...exactly.

I will say, thay they did a nice job overall on that car.
I agree. They just REALLY need to do something about that window.

The car looks like the love child of an RSX and Altima coupe IMO.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:10 PM
scrapser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot wait until using the term "sick" to mean "good"....dies. It can't happen too soon. Christ what a stupid expression.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:18 PM
scrapser

The 370 looks so-so. Eventually though, there is going to be a 370Z set up that is going to make everyone's jaw hit the floor.
I agree but it will not come from Nissan. Most likely it will be a retro kit with 350Z shaped lights, a front end that can be taken seriously, a rear panel to remove the butt-hole. Not much can be done about the bubble-butt though.

Or you can just skip this mutt and wait for the next redesign if there ever is one.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:28 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by scrapser
I agree but it will not come from Nissan. Most likely it will be a retro kit with 350Z shaped lights, a front end that can be taken seriously, a rear panel to remove the butt-hole. Not much can be done about the bubble-butt though.

Or you can just skip this mutt and wait for the next redesign if there ever is one.
I cannot wait until people thinking the 370Z would look better with 350Z lights die. It can't happen too soon. Christ what a stupid idea.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Motormouth
Banned

^owned
Old 12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
10-E-C-350Z

I assume this is a photoshop as well. I've seen cleaner looking butts on strippers. Look at that rear wheel, is it just me or is it sitting crooked as sh*t? Does this particular model have rear steering? Anyway, with rumors flying of airbag failure on the first Genesis to be involved in a crash, you couldnt pay me to have one. For anyone who hasn't heard about this and wants to check it out it's on wreckedexotics.com
Old 12-18-2008, 01:06 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by xxxlino
but better! This is what the G should have looked like
G35 Coupe styling > Genesis or G37 styling.

There's a reason why Hyundai tried to copy the Infiniti G. The lines are flawless or they just couldn't get any better ideas

And yeh, the Genesis brought into the discussion was random.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:27 PM
scrapser

I cannot wait until people thinking the 370Z would look better with 350Z lights die. It can't happen too soon. Christ what a stupid idea.
Yeah...well...there are a lot of photoshops out there where someone has doctored the lights to look more like the 350Z lights and many comment on how the car does in fact look better. Some even pointed out how the test mule which had its lights taped over looked better with the tape left on. I'm a 350Z owner and I am not stuck on its lights as you suggest.

I'm open to something that looks good on the car and compliments the overall design. The current lights look completely out of place. In the true sense of the word, they make the 370 design look "sick". But that's just my opinion (along with many, many others (350 owners and non-owners alike) who feel the same way).

Nissan dropped the ball this time around.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Motormouth
Banned

so you have seen the car in person?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:44 PM
bboypuertoroc

Yeah...well...there are a lot of photoshops out there where someone has doctored the lights to look more like the 350Z lights and many comment on how the car does in fact look better. Some even pointed out how the test mule which had its lights taped over looked better with the tape left on. I'm a 350Z owner and I am not stuck on its lights as you suggest.

I'm open to something that looks good on the car and compliments the overall design. The current lights look completely out of place. In the true sense of the word, they make the 370 design look "sick". But that's just my opinion (along with many, many others (350 owners and non-owners alike) who feel the same way).

Said chops look HORRIBLE compared to what the 370 is supposed to look like.

Nissan picked the ball up and ran it in with this one.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:28 PM
Motormouth
Banned

...horrible
Old 12-18-2008, 02:28 PM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+2009
Old 12-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Wukillabeez78

The styling differences between the 350Z and the 370Z aren't that dissimilar, the differences are evolutionary and to me don't represent any big sweeping changes. People (esp. the ones that own 350Zs) who say they don't like the 370Z are funny because both are Z cars that share many design elements. With that being said the lights on the 370Z don't look out of place at all. All the pics that show the lights chopped to look similar to the ones on the 350Z take away from the car's strong, masculine styling. The lights on the 370Z WOULD look out of place on a 350Z because the 350Z's design and looks aren't quite as aggressive. Same thing with the 370Z's fangs, this design element works great with the overall styling of the car but would look funny on the 350Z.

There are small design elements that people dislike about both the 350Z and 370Z. Many people who have 350Z's have modded them extensively to make their cars look more aggressive. Once the 370Z debuts here in the U.S. and people get their hands on it people will mod some of the elements they don't like about it. When the 350Z came out it was a good solid base to build off of for real enthusiasts. The 370Z provides this same good base (some would say an even better one than the 350Z because Nissan addressed many of the complaints leveraged against the 350Z) and I think as time goes by more people will realize this. It's one thing to go to a Mustang forum and read about people hating on the 370Z because they dislike anything that isn't good old American muscle but it's another when it happens at a Z car enthusiast site. Even if I didn't like small things about the 370Z (which I don't) I wouldn't be like some of the others on this site that say they hate the car before I saw what people can do to change and mod those issues. Anyway change is coming and it's coming in the form of the 370Z so get ready for it... Another month or so and we won't have to read all these "i don't like it threads" because we'll be too busy reading threads based from the perspective of people who actually own the car, not from those who have just seen it in pics and decided they don't like it based on that...

Last edited by Wukillabeez78; 12-18-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:23 PM
shemansky

I cannot wait until using the term "sick" to mean "good"....dies. It can't happen too soon. Christ what a stupid expression.
That new genesis does look sick. I like it
Old 12-18-2008, 04:57 PM
scrapser

Originally Posted by Wukillabeez78
The styling differences between the 350Z and the 370Z aren't that dissimilar, the differences are evolutionary and to me don't represent any big sweeping changes. People (esp. the ones that own 350Zs) who say they don't like the 370Z are funny because both are Z cars that share many design elements. With that being said the lights on the 370Z don't look out of place at all. All the pics that show the lights chopped to look similar to the ones on the 350Z take away from the car's strong, masculine styling. The lights on the 370Z WOULD look out of place on a 350Z because the 350Z's design and looks aren't quite as aggressive. Same thing with the 370Z's fangs, this design element works great with the overall styling of the car but would look funny on the 350Z.

There are small design elements that people dislike about both the 350Z and 370Z. Many people who have 350Z's have modded them extensively to make their cars look more aggressive. Once the 370Z debuts here in the U.S. and people get their hands on it people will mod some of the elements they don't like about it. When the 350Z came out it was a good solid base to build off of for real enthusiasts. The 370Z provides this same good base (some would say an even better one than the 350Z because Nissan addressed many of the complaints leveraged against the 350Z) and I think as time goes by more people will realize this. It's one thing to go to a Mustang forum and read about people hating on the 370Z because they dislike anything that isn't good old American muscle but it's another when it happens at a Z car enthusiast site. Even if I didn't like small things about the 370Z (which I don't) I wouldn't be like some of the others on this site that say they hate the car before I saw what people can do to change and mod those issues. Anyway change is coming and it's coming in the form of the 370Z so get ready for it... Another month or so and we won't have to read all these "i don't like it threads" because we'll be too busy reading threads based from the perspective of people who actually own the car, not from those who have just seen it in pics and decided they don't like it based on that...
Good reply...good constructive argument. I've gone through most of your points many times over the past few months and especially now that the production model has been shown. For the record, my main gripe about the 370 is not as many assume to be. It's not about it borrowing from the 350's look or making the 350 look dated...none of that stuff.

My gripe is that the 370 is not what I expected. I was expecting it to be a true evolution of the 350 much the same way as the 240 evolved into the 260 and 280. Yes you can see the 350's influence in the 370 but it gets screwed up by the attempt to merge the 240 styling into the car...plus, adding new visual elements that came out of nowhere (funny shaped lights and cosmetic fangs that do nothing...the space is a dead end behind them).

The car looks like the designers got confused and just did the best they could to fit it all their ideas together. In short...a mongrel. Now what was I expecting specifically? The 350 has a look about it that is solid, yet graceful. I thought they were going to take the 350 and make it leaner (with the shorter frame and weight reduction) and more aggressive (with the wider stance and fender flares plus larger wheels/tires). In other words, it would look like a 350 on steroids so to speak.

But that didn't happen. Nissan decided to get creative and came up with what we have...which for me is simply a big disappointment. The fastback "a la 240 styling" makes the back look huge. The car has lost its "coupe" shape completely. The nose is blunt and gives the illusion the hood is now higher off the ground then any previous model. I'm sorry but to me the front end with the large flat area around the intake plus the fangs makes the car look like a fish...especially the silver cars. That is a major problem as I cannot shake it. The butthole in the back may be necessary for Europe but here they could have simply included a solid back panel for the US market to remove it altogether since it will never be used.

That's it basically. I'm also concerned that this will probably be the last Z since the auto industry is restructuring its focus on more efficient and "greener" cars, so if that happens...the 370 is going to be it. Ugh! I certainly hope not.

Quick Reply: 370 with Volks