Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Hong Kong "Cantonese"

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 05:40 AM
MarZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kool..

Yea but dere aint much Zzzz going rounf in Hong Kong..guess its da insurance n fuel issues..
Old 02-22-2006, 11:01 AM
ahwai519

how much a Z cost in HK? In US, average base z is around $26000-$28000 USD and GT Z is around $35000-$37000 USD....

I saw a nice HK Z on 350z - tech . com a while ago....... it is super black with body kit and aftermarket rims....
Old 02-22-2006, 02:42 PM
etang789

IMHO the reasons I think there are very little G and Z is that the Nissan Dealer in HK suck. They do not import the right cars to HK and they do zero marketing. The car dealer industry in HK is such a monolopy that no one in that industry cares to improve for the consumer market. Example they do not import G35 sedan or coupe. Or Maxima or Altima. Any good cars best sellers everywhere they dont sell it.

On the other hand, HK ppl in general IMHO they only like Benz. What reason? IMHO is all about image they would buy E200 just to have a Benz. So from personal experience in HK i see the most is Benz S class. BMW, Toyota Alphard (VIP van).

Another reason is that there are GTR R34 in the market.

But if the Infiniti Brand image is abit better importing the right cars such as M35, G35, FX35 im sure with the right marketing it can do better than current situation.

Last edited by etang789; 02-22-2006 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:04 PM
@#$%^&*

I think you are correct... add to that may be Z is an impractical car to own because of Hk's crowded nature. For someone who has the $$ to get a Z, they can also go for a used Porsche. The second-hand market in HK is totally different than US's...used cars sell for a lot less there....
Old 02-22-2006, 10:09 PM
homiusang

I agree with you guys. Every generation of Zs are not popular in HK either. The marketing of Nissan in HK reallly needs some work. Plus, I think most of the GT-Rs are "water goods" car also, I don't think an official Nissan dealership sells GT-Rs? I have seen they sell GT-T though (single turbo, A/T, RWD).

Used car value in HK is totaly trash, and the more hands of ownership a car has been transfered, the more it depreciate along with the regular depreciation law. If I will ever own a car in HK, I will be buying a used one for sure and no exception, unless it's free, lol.

Even the Z is impratical for me in the States, let alone in HK, lol you gotta have some room for more girls in your backseat.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:56 PM
godmans

Originally Posted by homiusang
I agree with you guys. Every generation of Zs are not popular in HK either. The marketing of Nissan in HK reallly needs some work. Plus, I think most of the GT-Rs are "water goods" car also, I don't think an official Nissan dealership sells GT-Rs? I have seen they sell GT-T though (single turbo, A/T, RWD).

Used car value in HK is totaly trash, and the more hands of ownership a car has been transfered, the more it depreciate along with the regular depreciation law. If I will ever own a car in HK, I will be buying a used one for sure and no exception, unless it's free, lol.

Even the Z is impratical for me in the States, let alone in HK, lol you gotta have some room for more girls in your backseat.

+1

They could have done much better with the sales of Nissian / Infiniti cars in HK. However, I have seen like two 350GT aka G35 sedan in HK and a few Z33 aka 350Z! so yah, they might have been "water good"

=)
Old 02-23-2006, 06:03 AM
MarZZ

Hm with the current exchange rates now a brand new 350Z would cost around USD 50,000 which I guess is bloody expensive comparing to the states ( Its mainly because of the stoopid taxation system in Hong kong )

Tats da main reason why I imported mine from japan all by myself for around USD 17,500

Of cuz I would have to pay the import tax as well but all I need is a lil favour from the person who sold me the car to do sth on the invoice n I saved heaps for the tax bit.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:05 AM
MarZZ

So, do we actually have someone here who lives in Hong Kong now n owns a Z??
Old 02-23-2006, 08:50 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

My brother is visiting and told me he saw a white one with Veilside kit.

Any Hakka folks in here?
Old 02-23-2006, 11:46 AM
@#$%^&*

marzz... i believe you are the only one here actually living in HK....99% of us are either in US or Canada....

Yorky500 (now in Dubai and has a nice 350z with greddy body kit) is a gweilo but he had lived in HK for a few years...
Old 02-23-2006, 12:04 PM
homiusang

Originally Posted by MarZZ
Tats da main reason why I imported mine from japan all by myself for around USD 17,500

Of cuz I would have to pay the import tax as well but all I need is a lil favour from the person who sold me the car to do sth on the invoice n I saved heaps for the tax bit.
Can you tell me a little more about the "import" process you did to your Z?
$17,500 USD is dirty cheap, if that's after all said and done (paper work, emission testing etc).

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2006, 01:58 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

$17,500 USD is dirty cheap, if that's after all said and done (paper work, emission testing etc).

Thanks!
He's got some government official friends. *wink*
Old 02-23-2006, 02:01 PM
etang789

My hometown is HK too im just studying in US, yea its not worth it to get a G or Z in hk its just too expensive. Unlese you ship one urself from japan, but if i opt to do that i rather get a GTR R34.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:30 PM
MarZZ

Thanks!
Hm well the car actually belongs to a friend of mine from jap. He wanted to get the nu S2K so ask me one day if im interested in his car n he ll let me have it cheap. It only has 26k Km on the clock n I seen the car before in person n its veri nicely maintained. So the deal was completed n he get everything done for me like shipping etc.

USD 17,500 is for the car n ocean frieght. It just pass the emission test n now one more test to go n registered n it be road legal!!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:56 PM
thReeFiFtee

17,500 not bad at all... my friend who lives in indonesia says a 350z there is around 65,000 usd he said it's because they get tax like crazy for cars...
Old 02-23-2006, 08:27 PM
homiusang

Hm well the car actually belongs to a friend of mine from jap. He wanted to get the nu S2K so ask me one day if im interested in his car n he ll let me have it cheap. It only has 26k Km on the clock n I seen the car before in person n its veri nicely maintained. So the deal was completed n he get everything done for me like shipping etc.

USD 17,500 is for the car n ocean frieght. It just pass the emission test n now one more test to go n registered n it be road legal!!
Nice bro, I hope you japanese friend is also hooking you up with some cuties over there! Every single HK guy has a fantasy with jap girls, lol

btw, looks like my Z is going to find a new home soon...she will be missed
Old 02-23-2006, 10:27 PM
MarZZ

Nice bro, I hope you japanese friend is also hooking you up with some cuties over there! Every single HK guy has a fantasy with jap girls, lol

btw, looks like my Z is going to find a new home soon...she will be missed

Ha thx mate. Well I go fly ova to Jap almost 4 times a yr for business n I have to admit...there are many chics on da street that u just wanna....................
have a dinner with em (wateva lol )..
Old 02-24-2006, 01:02 AM
nitrousoxidex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey MarZZ, where do u live in HK? when i was in HK for the summer ive only seen like 3 Zs. haha. it must be nice to roll around in MK with all those ppl and with that sexy *** Z. get a crapload of looks from them leng luis i. haha
Old 02-24-2006, 12:03 PM
homiusang

Ha thx mate. Well I go fly ova to Jap almost 4 times a yr for business n I have to admit...there are many chics on da street that u just wanna....................
have a dinner with em (wateva lol )..
No kidding bro, I know what you mean, "whatever" we wanna do with them, lol
You used to go to school overseas? Cuz your english is way better than most native HK guys I am ever came acrossed, lol

Originally Posted by nitrousoxidex
hey MarZZ, where do u live in HK? when i was in HK for the summer ive only seen like 3 Zs. haha. it must be nice to roll around in MK with all those ppl and with that sexy *** Z. get a crapload of looks from them leng luis i. haha
lol Are you kidding? MK is whack, He rolling his Z around Central!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:56 PM
MarZZ

Originally Posted by nitrousoxidex
Hm I live in da N.T. suburb..yea me hvt seen much Zss around in hong Kong either. Hvt been to MK yet since my baby has just passed the emission test n wont be orad legal til nex mth. But I ll definitely pop ova to MK n see what it does hehe

Quick Reply: Hong Kong "Cantonese"