Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Republic of Korea

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pearl350zzz
한국 짱! lol
.........oh well...
Old 09-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
What's everybody's obsession with Korea and wanting to go back? Is there really that much to do and that many things to see there?

You can think of as NY. Korea is = drinking fun night, so i bet young guys will love to stay there or go there and have fun. ( ofcourse lot of pretty girls )
I just got a citizenship here in america and i'm trying to save up some $ for go korean. Hopefully i can go visit my cousins in next year, haven't been there for 10 years now lol
Old 09-25-2008, 03:01 PM
definitionxmk

yeah, i gotta admit... there are some really nice girls! just say that you are an english teacher... hah!
Old 09-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

^

My friend went to korea for 6 months, his job was just keep have conversation with this business guy, he paid my friend $60 dollars per hour and free dinner also lol
Old 09-25-2008, 03:17 PM
definitionxmk

^yeah, the koreans i work with always ask me if i can teach them english... and i do sometimes. i guess i should do it for some extra cash for my Z when i get back to Cali, eh? how did your friend get that job? i'm going to see if i can do that as well... ::cheers::
Old 09-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
^yeah, the koreans i work with always ask me if i can teach them english... and i do sometimes. i guess i should do it for some extra cash for my Z when i get back to Cali, eh? how did your friend get that job? i'm going to see if i can do that as well... ::cheers::
He got them thru his college news paper or something. His g/f had the same job too, so i'm guessing you can find it easy(?)
Old 09-25-2008, 03:37 PM
definitionxmk

Originally Posted by xhooniex83
He got them thru his college news paper or something. His g/f had the same job too, so i'm guessing you can find it easy(?)
i remember walking out in ITAEWON and going into the local starbucks and coldstone to see foreigners and koreans chatting it up.... my korean co-worker said that some students have to go out and talk to a foreigner (preferably ones that spoke english) as part of their 'english homework'. and i ALWAYS see this happening... i guess it really is easy to get these positions. i'll scout some more and see what else i can find.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:40 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

^ yea, i will do it for extra money lol. Anyway man good luck with you.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:52 PM
definitionxmk

if anyone is interested in 'legally' teaching english in korea:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/livin...hing_1240.html
Old 09-25-2008, 05:22 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Well, I don't think I can pass off as an English teacher when I'm a Korean visiting Korea. I haven't been there in a while - since 2000.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:55 PM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone here not military?
Old 09-26-2008, 01:22 PM
definitionxmk

just came back from monkey beach... awesome place. damn, i gotta goto the car show in a few hours x_x'
Old 09-26-2008, 06:48 PM
paposalsa
Banned

Originally Posted by chopperman
Anyone here not military?

I'm retired and I can tell almost you everything about Korea good and bad. Like I said before Korea has a lot to offer. You can also visit Japan, China & Australia. Use the time wisely.

Also get some college classes. I did finished my Bachelor Degree in Korea and party like is no tomorrow but also visited most of the country and saved money.

The place is what you make of it, once you erase the stereotypes you will be good to go. Plus I know you are getting good money for being there. It beat been in Iraq, right?
Old 09-27-2008, 11:28 PM
definitionxmk

hmmm... well that auto show was mostly a bike show. nothing really special. i think my Z would've won something if i entered =)
Old 09-28-2008, 06:40 AM
halcyon901

having live in korea for 2 years (2005-2006), thought i'd like to add my .02 cents. for those looking for teaching jobs, there are soooo many job opportunities. check out eslcafe.com, which has hundreds of postings. there are also other websites with similar information, can't think of them off the top of my head.

the company i worked for was called CDI, Chungdahm Language Institute. they are one of the biggest "hagwons" (academies) in the country. quite possibly, one of the easiest jobs i've ever had. they have a very structured program, so you just follow whatever curriculumn you have to teach. getting a job there was fairly easy, all you need is a B.A. and speak native English. the pay is pretty good, starting is around 25,000won per hour, about $25. for full-time teaching, its 24 hours/week, and id say actual time at work is closer to 27 hours/week due to prep work. i think their website was jobs.cdi.co.kr

as for cars, i've never seen as many nice cars as i have seen in downtown seoul. i live in a town with a ferrari dealership, and see a good amount of ferraris and maserati's near my area. however, seoul, especially the apgujeong/chungdahm area, has sooo many nice cars. porsche carrera gt, lambos, ferrari, all are daily occurences.

as for Z's and G's, i did see a few, but not too much. there is no Nissan dealership in korea, a few infiniti's. im sure many you are aware of koreans attitude , towards the japanese. however, i did see a collection of older skylines at a gas station, around 10, on one of the main roads between seoul and bundang. nevertheless, korea is a horrible place to own a car. the roads are bumper-to-bumper traffic, and the highways have camera's that take pictures of licenese plates and send tickets to your house. the only way to avoid this is to go faster thatn 140mph (this is what i was told), but that seems pretty retarded to do.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:44 PM
kihun

Who's here in the military that's stationed in Korea at this time? What's your mos?
Old 09-29-2008, 04:43 PM
definitionxmk

Originally Posted by halcyon901
having live in korea for 2 years (2005-2006), thought i'd like to add my .02 cents. for those looking for teaching jobs, there are soooo many job opportunities. check out eslcafe.com, which has hundreds of postings. there are also other websites with similar information, can't think of them off the top of my head.

the company i worked for was called CDI, Chungdahm Language Institute. they are one of the biggest "hagwons" (academies) in the country. quite possibly, one of the easiest jobs i've ever had. they have a very structured program, so you just follow whatever curriculumn you have to teach. getting a job there was fairly easy, all you need is a B.A. and speak native English. the pay is pretty good, starting is around 25,000won per hour, about $25. for full-time teaching, its 24 hours/week, and id say actual time at work is closer to 27 hours/week due to prep work. i think their website was jobs.cdi.co.kr

as for cars, i've never seen as many nice cars as i have seen in downtown seoul. i live in a town with a ferrari dealership, and see a good amount of ferraris and maserati's near my area. however, seoul, especially the apgujeong/chungdahm area, has sooo many nice cars. porsche carrera gt, lambos, ferrari, all are daily occurences.

as for Z's and G's, i did see a few, but not too much. there is no Nissan dealership in korea, a few infiniti's. im sure many you are aware of koreans attitude , towards the japanese. however, i did see a collection of older skylines at a gas station, around 10, on one of the main roads between seoul and bundang. nevertheless, korea is a horrible place to own a car. the roads are bumper-to-bumper traffic, and the highways have camera's that take pictures of licenese plates and send tickets to your house. the only way to avoid this is to go faster thatn 140mph (this is what i was told), but that seems pretty retarded to do.
Thanks for the info! i totally agree about having a car in korea... it's crazy town!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:20 PM
chopperman

Stationed at Camp Humphreys, 15p aviation operations.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:39 PM
Villain

any Korean members have tattoos?
Old 09-30-2008, 01:04 AM
kihun

I do.. but I don't feel like posting picture here..