Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Seoul FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 04:53 AM
LMBLF8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its looking like sometime between monday and wednesday to be best?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:22 AM
definitionxmk

i believe so... ok ok ok... monday. sound good with everyone?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:26 AM
LMBLF8

yup yup.

while eating pho dinner in gangnam, spotted a red Evo IX with what looked like the black/silver APR theme on the side...I was inside so couldn't hear it or see wheels but anyone else seen it?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:23 PM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Monday is good for me!

Ive seen a white evo x on a flat bed last time I was there. And a white lambo
Old 11-07-2008, 11:30 PM
chopperman

So what time, where?
Old 11-08-2008, 12:19 AM
definitionxmk

i saw a black Z on the Itaewon strip... had black TE37s. i didnt get to see what else it had cuz i was in a cab getting back on post.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:27 AM
LMBLF8

Originally Posted by chopperman
So what time, where?
Was just about to ask the same question...somewhere in Seoul was easiest for all right? How about we just meet in Itaewon near definition?

Don't know about the time though...
Old 11-08-2008, 04:31 AM
LMBLF8

Oh and if you guys have FBook i posted pictures of cars I've seen so far there. I was in a cab coming back from Meong-dong and was followed by a yellow Murci the whole way and in the tunnel, he was purposly getting on and off the gas. The night before in gangnam, was following a blue gallardo with some very young guy SMOKING a cig in it! I smoke cigs but I think I could wait til I get to my destination until I smoke one if I had one.
Old 11-08-2008, 04:37 AM
chopperman

Originally Posted by LMBLF8
Oh and if you guys have FBook i posted pictures of cars I've seen so far there. I was in a cab coming back from Meong-dong and was followed by a yellow Murci the whole way and in the tunnel, he was purposly getting on and off the gas. The night before in gangnam, was following a blue gallardo with some very young guy SMOKING a cig in it! I smoke cigs but I think I could wait til I get to my destination until I smoke one if I had one.
I have a FBook. Search for Cliff Rosa, Im the only one with that name on it haha.

Anywhere in Itaewon will be good. Everyone knows where cold stone is right? That would be a good spot.

I can be there anytime after 1245. We going for lunch/dinner?
Old 11-08-2008, 04:50 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Good to see that you guys are getting together. My big exam is in Jan, 2009. So, I won't be able to meet up with you guys until next year... Sucks... If you guys are still around next year... I would love to take you guys to places where korean auto enthusiasts hangout...
Old 11-08-2008, 07:03 AM
definitionxmk

^damn, i've been waiting leeboy... hah

but yeah, Monday 1245... brunch? we'll decide when we meet up.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:15 PM
LMBLF8

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
^damn, i've been waiting leeboy... hah

but yeah, Monday 1245... brunch? we'll decide when we meet up.
leeboy , ive been checking out the daum site too but i need to freshen up on my korean reading, haha sometimes i think a 2nd grader can read korean faster than me . ill be in seoul until march or posibly later so definately let me know when you get here!

definition- is there only one coldstone in itaewon as well? 1245 sounds good, i got your number and will give ya a call. my phones been acting up so will be getting a new one either today or tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:48 PM
definitionxmk

yes there is only one coldstone in itaewon. 1245 it is monday. let's hope i don't get called in for work @_@

anyways, a few buddies and i are going to watch a movie in myong dong... if anyone is interested, let me know. we're gonna do it tonight at 530 (short notice, i know)... i'm just throwing it out there.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:39 PM
LMBLF8

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
yes there is only one coldstone in itaewon. 1245 it is monday. let's hope i don't get called in for work @_@

anyways, a few buddies and i are going to watch a movie in myong dong... if anyone is interested, let me know. we're gonna do it tonight at 530 (short notice, i know)... i'm just throwing it out there.
what movie? i was there last night for some gifts for friends back home...let me kno how you liked it...i might be there later toight or in itaewon...prob the latter
Old 11-09-2008, 01:40 AM
LMBLF8

saw silver Z convertible in gang-byun bu roh traffic. was on the roof smokin a cig when i happened to look down, as i usually, do to spot cars and noticed it going towards tong-ye ro(sp?)
Old 11-09-2008, 01:46 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

leeboy , ive been checking out the daum site too but i need to freshen up on my korean reading, haha sometimes i think a 2nd grader can read korean faster than me . ill be in seoul until march or posibly later so definately let me know when you get here!

definition- is there only one coldstone in itaewon as well? 1245 sounds good, i got your number and will give ya a call. my phones been acting up so will be getting a new one either today or tomorrow.

Yeah daum cafe is the place to be if you want to be informed on car club gatherings. Let me give you some info on them...

GTR club get together once in a while. Unfortunately they are sort of closed group:

http://cafe.daum.net/skylinegtr

Silvia club guys meet up pretty often near Bun-Dang and Sung-nam to practice drifting. Most of the members here compete in DDGT (Korea's only drift competition) so if you want to watch some mountain drifting action, these guys are it!:

http://cafe.daum.net/sr20det

Good ol' supra club. Similar to GTR club.. Hard core manias hangout here. Some of them own 800+WHP Supras:

http://cafe.daum.net/suprayun

As I posted some videos before, you guys probably know about the babodream.co.kr Unfortunately police and media are cracking down on babodream.co.kr right now, so I would avoid them for a while...

Infiniti club. This is a huge club, but they are not really into motorsports.
Kind of old crowds...

http://cafe.daum.net/INFINITI

Audi club. These guys meet up pretty regularly and they mean business when they do..

http://cafe.daum.net/clubaudi

Joong-Bu-Sun (name of a highway in Korea) club. These guys used to be Benz club members, but AMG owners made their own club. Active members are pretty loaded and sort of old... Many exotic owners are members as well. They meet every Friday at one of the rest areas before getting on the Joong-Bu-Sun highway I believe.

http://cafe.daum.net/cbline

There are more... but you get the idea..

Last edited by leeboyNY; 11-09-2008 at 04:22 AM.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:59 AM
LMBLF8

minus the laughing tho...THANK so much for those links...I'm trying to find a place here that sells Supras or maybe even one of those guys there might be willing to sell theirs

I definately want to check out the mountain drifting as well, just have to figure out when I can get out there and when they'll be meeting up.

No offense to the Z but the JZA80 platform has been my favorite car since they first came out...looking like a shark and you can't forget the bulletproof GTE motor with the matching strong as hell v60 tranny. Ryan Woon (www.wotm.com) has a 1400+rwhp, all boost i believe, and still runs the STOCK tranny, just clutch upgrade, many other members do this as well. Nice to hear considering Nissan will void the transmission warranty if the driver uses the launch control too many times in the new GTR...broken trannys i hear can cost up to $20k?!

Thanks again for the links leeboy! Hit me up when you come to Korea, will you be in Seoul as well...what part?

Chris
Old 11-09-2008, 04:30 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

minus the laughing tho...THANK so much for those links...I'm trying to find a place here that sells Supras or maybe even one of those guys there might be willing to sell theirs

I definately want to check out the mountain drifting as well, just have to figure out when I can get out there and when they'll be meeting up.

No offense to the Z but the JZA80 platform has been my favorite car since they first came out...looking like a shark and you can't forget the bulletproof GTE motor with the matching strong as hell v60 tranny. Ryan Woon (www.wotm.com) has a 1400+rwhp, all boost i believe, and still runs the STOCK tranny, just clutch upgrade, many other members do this as well. Nice to hear considering Nissan will void the transmission warranty if the driver uses the launch control too many times in the new GTR...broken trannys i hear can cost up to $20k?!

Thanks again for the links leeboy! Hit me up when you come to Korea, will you be in Seoul as well...what part?

Chris
This is my 4th year living in Korea... I just moved to Gwa-chun city from Seoul which is only 10-minute ride down south from Sa-Dang subway station (number 2 green line)... I'm in Seoul everyday...
I just finished my Korean military duty... 3 years of my life... What a waste... I even had to quit a great job I had in NY back in 2004 to come back to Korea.... Draft law SUCKS!

Last edited by leeboyNY; 11-09-2008 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:01 AM
LMBLF8

1245 @ coldstone in itaewon, see you guys there.

leeboy- check PM
Old 11-09-2008, 08:36 AM
definitionxmk

leeboy... tell me you were a katusa. ROK military has it pretty bad x_x