Notices
Asia Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Seoul FTW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:54 PM
definitionxmk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^no problemo:

follow this DIY setup here and you'll be good to go. no need to buy a CRAZY DSLR. a D40 and D60 will do nicely.

basically, create the box in the link then get a light source (wireless flash is a little advanced... grab some "white" light lamps). place the lights around the box... make one side brighter than the other by the placement of the lights (hope you understood that). setup a simple tripod or just place your camera on the table and zoom into the frame... and take the photos! then all you have to do is switch the item.

hope it doesn't confuse you, hah.

by looking at the photos, you can pretty much get it. good luck!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:57 PM
definitionxmk

oh and the light shining through the white paper makes the light "wrap" around the subject. kinda like a how a car diffuser has air wrap around instead of just hitting it dead on... hence the name of the lighting technique: diffusion
Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW!! Thanks Andrew!! This is PERFECT!!

Now, I can't decide between Cannon 50D and Nikon D90...
I want to get into the world of photography as a hobby gradually, so I want to get a mid-level camera.
I heard Cannon has a better color representation(?), but pictures come out a bit softer.
Nikon on the other hand takes more realistic and crisp pictures.

I'm leaning towards the Cannon 50D... Help!!

Last edited by leeboyNY; 07-21-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:14 AM
definitionxmk

D90 takes 720p HD Movies! besides, it's all in the lens... if you want more color: photoshop add saturation (not too much, of course).

50D is good too! i still think these two cameras are entry level though... D300 is more of a mid level. not sure what the canon side would be.

get the 50D
Old 07-25-2009, 04:08 AM
mpact1981

I'm throwing in the towel fella's. My girl from the states is coming here in November and we're going to get married it looks like. She'll have to go back for a while but eventually she's going to move here too.

I think we're about to get her a G37 base model. The best part is when she moves here, the Army will ship both of our cars for free. No more fighting to get my car here after that. I never understand why the military caters to married people and leaves the single guys out in the cold.

Parts are slowly rolling in for mine. I've got a friend installing most of it but getting some things installed at a shop. I'm out of MOD money now though. Might be a while before my girl lets me get anything else. But check out the sweet deal I picked up the other day before she locked down my bank account

https://my350z.com/forum/suspension/...-and-edfc.html
Old 07-25-2009, 07:15 AM
definitionxmk

^nice stuff, jacob! i'm considering getting a red 370z when i go back home for leave... so a part out might be coming shortly. i've been drooling over this for the last week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX6SMPX7DeM

i gotta sell my car first though... i'm not sure if i should go through a private seller or trade it in the dealer. the largest problem is that the bank still is the lien holder... it's not really a problem, it just takes longer to officially sell the car + register to private parties.

any suggestions guys?
Old 07-28-2009, 08:13 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

mpact, CONGRATULATION! And say goodbye to your single life you playa~! HAHAH j/k So, are you gonna sell your nismo Z and get a G37 or are you gonna bring both to Korea?

Andrew, yeah that venaci 370z makes me drool everytime... GET IT!
BTW, did you have some good times with your lady? Now, work on that VID!! HAHAHA!! Let me see your video editing skillz!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 11:43 AM
LMBLF8

Anything going on this weekend? Got back from Japan a couple days ago and my camera broke while I was there so definitely in the market for a new camera...Thinking about getting the D90 sometime soon. Anyone here mind if I put a couple of the pics from the drift event on my FB account to show my friends back home?
Old 07-29-2009, 06:28 PM
mpact1981

i dont mind. Andrew has a banner across all of his pictures so I doubt he would mind either. It's like free advertising for him... lol

but yea, I'm not messing with any more girls. I should have never messed with them in the first place but what she doesn't know won't hurt her...

It's not looking like she will let me get the G37. She wants an SUV now

I should be able to bring both of our cars to korea on the Army's dollar. I'll also be able to finally move off this base into a place with a fukin kitchen so I can cook for myself again....

I might go to gangnam on friday for a friends birthday party. waterpark on base saturday as long as it doesnt rain. yall welcome to come...
Old 07-29-2009, 06:36 PM
Silkfiveseven

let her drive it first before she chooses.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:50 PM
definitionxmk

wow, great news... as for the video, i'm finally getting back into it! i had tons of fun with my girl here and the only regret i had was to not take leave (i had to work the entire time she was here). so many of my friends are talking about marriage and all... now jacob is getting it too... this girl i met might actually be the one. weird how we talk about it on a car forum... hah!

oh and i don't mind you (chris) using the photos... i think i still have more somewhere in my Hard Drive. we should hang out this weekend. i'm thinking rockband/guitar hero/street fighter/pizza/kyochon at my friends place... welcome to come. i want to take it easy because i spent tons of money while my girl was here.

There is a car show at Yongsan tomorrow... JAY if you are interested, i'm sure you'll win a trophy if you come, hah! let me know... i'll see if i can sign you and your car in.

other than that fellas, it's glad to be back to my normal routine... i got a lot of big things i want to do in regards to: photos, videos, and my website... you can say, i had tons of inspiration these past 2 weeks.

let me know what's up with you guys!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:47 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
wow, great news... as for the video, i'm finally getting back into it! i had tons of fun with my girl here and the only regret i had was to not take leave (i had to work the entire time she was here). so many of my friends are talking about marriage and all... now jacob is getting it too... this girl i met might actually be the one. weird how we talk about it on a car forum... hah!

oh and i don't mind you (chris) using the photos... i think i still have more somewhere in my Hard Drive. we should hang out this weekend. i'm thinking rockband/guitar hero/street fighter/pizza/kyochon at my friends place... welcome to come. i want to take it easy because i spent tons of money while my girl was here.

There is a car show at Yongsan tomorrow... JAY if you are interested, i'm sure you'll win a trophy if you come, hah! let me know... i'll see if i can sign you and your car in.

other than that fellas, it's glad to be back to my normal routine... i got a lot of big things i want to do in regards to: photos, videos, and my website... you can say, i had tons of inspiration these past 2 weeks.

let me know what's up with you guys!
That's great that you had an excellent time with your lady! I heard about that car show on AFN radio! HAHAHA! Should I enter the show? Maybe I can just go in and park my car near by and just check out the show and hang out at the base.. I never been to the Young san base before..

Last edited by leeboyNY; 07-30-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 PM
definitionxmk

well only problem is that i have to register you... not sure if it's already too late because it's after 4 (everything closes at 4 for some reason, well the important places) and it takes time to process the paperwork and whatever. we'll just have to do it next time. but i did get a stack of those forms, so we'll schedule a day where you can come in and we'll hang out. hell, maybe get some taco bell! haha... let me know!
Old 07-31-2009, 12:08 AM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Originally Posted by definitionxmk
well only problem is that i have to register you... not sure if it's already too late because it's after 4 (everything closes at 4 for some reason, well the important places) and it takes time to process the paperwork and whatever. we'll just have to do it next time. but i did get a stack of those forms, so we'll schedule a day where you can come in and we'll hang out. hell, maybe get some taco bell! haha... let me know!

IC IC~ No biggie!
Old 07-31-2009, 02:07 AM
LMBLF8

I'm down to check out the car show tomorrow and any activities after, its been a while since we chilled.

Jacob- congrats on everything dude! plus the wheels you chose are sick.

As for tonight, I'm heading up to the Jongjak area as a couple friends are going to PI tomorrow for a couple weeks. I don't know how late I'll be up there but if anything else is going on or you guys wanna join in, you're all welcome to.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:43 AM
mpact1981

Thanks fellas it will be my 3rd marriage so i'm hoping this is the last one....

Jay, is there anyone in korea that could do the R8 mod on headlights like CinCity has been doing?
Old 08-05-2009, 02:46 AM
mpact1981

oh, and i hope the wheels look sick on my car as well, complimented with the tein suspension.

still waiting for the wheels and hood to be delivered though. should be any day now...
Old 08-05-2009, 09:41 PM
definitionxmk

must be nice... heh

i contacted Fontana Nissan in California and they're going to work with me on a trade-in with my 03 Z. i might not get much, but we'll see... i really want that solid red 370! so there WILL be a partout with my parts soon. I did the math and i should be able to get $5,500 on all my extra parts!

Only things i'm keeping are the BRIDE seats, NARDI steering wheel, NRG 2.5 quick release, and some electronics... i have to find some interior parts though. i.e. the lid that goes behind the passenger seat section (big plastic thing) and the cubby that should go in the navigation area...

Last edited by definitionxmk; 08-05-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:36 AM
mpact1981

hahah i was about to call dibs on your steering wheel and quick release....
Old 08-06-2009, 05:12 AM
definitionxmk

heh, the nardi deep corn steering wheel + nrg 2.5 QR is the best combo, IMHO...

i've worked on the video a total of 2 hours this whole week! i've been super busy... it's hard when they make me come to work at 6 and leave at 7, then have to goto all these dinners because everyone is leaving! by the time i get home, it's like 10-11pm and i'm totally burned out. i seriously need to get this video done!!! haha wish i can edit it while i'm at work... hmmmmmmmmmmm