Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Problem After Audio Installs

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 04:32 PM
BlueDragonZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Problem After Audio Installs

Ok so I've been installing some audio equipment into the Bose system. Of course I had to remove the NEG post on the battery several times. Well today when I started the car none of the gauges are working. The tach or speedo are not responding. All of the indocator lights are lit up as well. Now I still don't have the A/C unit (white box) hooked up yet. I was going to put it back but its PIA to remove so I kept it off until I get finished this weekend. Could this just be the problem? Has anyone else experience this? Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:44 PM
jerseydawg2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you forget to reconnect the mid-dash instrument panel wiring harness when you put it in place? I once forgot the harness on the center console and didn't realize it until I needed to use the hazards.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:59 PM
westpak
SFZCC

That white box is not just for the AC is a little brain that has many signals going through it including gages, from the manual:

UNIFIED METER AND A/C AMP PFP:27760
System Description AKS00374
 For the unified meter and A/C amp., the signal required for controlling the combination meter and triple meter are integrated in the A/C auto amp.
 Unified meter and A/C amp. controls each operation for A/C auto amp. For information regarding A/C control, refer to ATC-27, "AIR CONDITIONER CONTROL" in “ATC” section.
 Unified meter and A/C amp. inputs necessary information for combination meter and triple meter from each unit by CAN communication and so on.
 And unified meter and A/C amp. outputs these signals using communication line (TX, RX) between unified meter and A/C amp. and various meters.
 In addition to sending output to the combination meter and triple meter containing the signals input from the various units, it also receives the signals between the combination meter and triple meter.
 Other input signals are also sent to the ECM, TCM, and BCM using CAN communication.
 The signals required for the trip computer display are centralized in the unified meter and A/C amp., converted into data, and sent to the triple meter.
 The unified meter and A/C amp. have a CONSULT-II function (self-diagnostic results, CAN diagnostic support monitor, data monitor).

Last edited by westpak; 01-16-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:55 PM
BlueDragonZ

Hopefully I should be able to finish up with all the installation tomorrow and put everything back together. I thought the white box was simply for the A/C, thank you very much.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:52 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by BlueDragonZ
Hopefully I should be able to finish up with all the installation tomorrow and put everything back together. I thought the white box was simply for the A/C, thank you very much.
No problem but get ready for the Service light to stay on since you had the power connected with the "white box" disconnected, it throws a bunch of codes so you will have to get it cleared.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:44 AM
BlueDragonZ

Can this only be cleared by the dealer or is there a way to clear it myself? Thanks again.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:06 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by BlueDragonZ
Can this only be cleared by the dealer or is there a way to clear it myself? Thanks again.
The dealer can clear it with the consult but so can you if you follow this procedure:

ECU Resetting Procedures
Timing is extremely critical. If it is NOT DONE within the specify time, the ECU will not reset and the Check Engine Light (CEL) will continue to remain ON.
A stop watch or an analog clock with a second’s needle will be useful.
Operations Procedures
1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 second.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.

If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU.