Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Sirius Sportster - 04' Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005 | 11:33 PM
topdown-z

Red face Sirius Sportster - 04' Roadster

After many positive comments from forum members, I bought a Sirius Sportster unit to install in the navi compartment of my 04' Z Roadster. The problem I have now is that the cradle and reciever stand about a 1/2 inch taller than the interior of the navi compartment and you cannot cut any of the bottom of the cradle to make it fit. I have read on this forum that many owners have installed the unit in the navi compartment and that is a tight fit. Some owners have said to cut the tabs??? off of the cradle to make it fit. The problem with this is that there are NO tabs on the Sirius cradle. All of the install pictures that are on this site as well as the Sirius Backstage site show the Sirius unit installed in the navi compartment and in these pictures it appears that the Sirius Sporster is not in the cradle for the photos. Without the cradle, the unit cannot be connected to the antenna or power, etc. without the cradle.

Is there anyone on this forum that owns a Z and has ever though about getting a Sirius Sportster unit and having it installed in there navi compartment. OR...has someone actually had one installed and can explain what either they or the installer did to make the unit fit into the navi compartment. Any help would be appreciated. I only have 14 days after the purchase date to activate the unit so I can qualify for the rebate that Sirius is offering.

Thanks for your help!!!
Old 03-27-2005 | 08:49 AM
ifinyawan2

I had the Sirius Sportster in my 04 Z before I installed the X-Act. There was "NO' space to install it in front because I have the Nav Unit. I placed it for a while (before I bought the x-act) in the cup holder rear of the shifter. The sportster is too big to install up front between the key and the nav, you can't put it on the air bag area of the pass side, can't put it on the dash because it blocks your view, can't put it in the sunglass holder because it blocks your rear view.... etc etc etc. I bought the x-act because it is very small (also a dial viewing setback) but it works-just poor sound at the moment.
ifinyawan2
04 350z Touring
Old 03-27-2005 | 10:28 AM
topdown-z

Red face Sirius Sportster - 04' Roadster

Thanks for the reply but as I stated in my 1st post, I want to put the unit in my navi. compartment. I don't have navigation and have been told by many that the Sportster WILL fit in the compartment. The trouble is that all of the people that have said they have a Sportster in their navi. compartment are unable to tell me how they got it in there???
Old 03-27-2005 | 10:55 AM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

I had your problem.....sell it and buy the STARMATE.

It is much smaller and does not require a base. It fits in the cubby easily, and it has a remote.

I'll post a pic soon.

Yeh, I am trying to sell my old unit.

Sirius customer service switched my service to the new unit very easily.
Old 03-27-2005 | 11:59 AM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Attached Thumbnails Sirius Sportster - 04' Roadster-dsc00456.jpg