Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

xm reactivation

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 01:01 PM
stigs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default xm reactivation

My wife's battery went dead. No problem-call AAA. Battery is fine but damn if I can get the factory stereo reactivated with XM. The problem is not XM. There is no choice for sat. radio as I go through the choices-fm-1, fm-2, and am. The dealer was no help on the phone. He said I needed to bring it back in to have them do something to it. I'm thinking a code? I ask him, "can't we just do this over the phone?" He said no, they have to use something other than a code. What gives? Has anyone had this problem and is there a simple solution rather than having to go into the dealer? This seems very rediculous. Thanks in advance.
AL
Old 05-12-2005, 10:20 AM
stigs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is fixed. Wife went to nicer Nissan dealership in Richmond. I was told the tech simply disconnected the battery, waited a few minutes, and then reconnected it. This apparently caused SAT to show up as a choice when you scroll thru the fm1, fm2, and am. The sat choice had simply disappeared when scrolling after orginal battery rundown. Btw, I called several Nissan dealerships in the state, Nissan, and Bose. None of them could offer any suggestions. All were nice but had no answers.