Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Audio guru's I dont know $hit I need advice on this HU

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 05:27 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question Audio guru's I dont know $hit I need advice on this HU

Hey guys let me start by saying yes I did search for info on this HU and didnt find anything. I dont know d!ck about stereo's so I need some help/advice.

Im looking for a double din in dash cd/dvd/mp3 player. I dont want a flip out screen cuz I have factory nav and I dont want a flip out blocking the navs view-thats why I want a double din in dash screen. I have been looking online and found the Kenwood Excelon DDX 7015 in dash dvd receiver. Now my questions. It says receiver as opposed to player, but in the pics it shows that the screen flips down and has what appears to be a cd/dvd slot behind it. Does this headunit play DVD's? In other words if for right now I had just this headunit installed could I play cd/dvd's with it? Or does it only have controls for these functions? How decent is this headunit? If anybody can give me any advice on this or other HU with what Im looking for I would greatly appreciate it. BTW here is a link to it--->http://www.crutchfield.com/S-tuYuexp...0&I=113DDX7015 Is the price ok? TIA guys...
Old 06-06-2005, 06:03 AM
DougJones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. It DOES play dvds. I don't have any first-hand experience with this particular unit, but there are several guys on here that do. They all seem to love it.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:06 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by DougJones
Yes. It DOES play dvds. I don't have any first-hand experience with this particular unit, but there are several guys on here that do. They all seem to love it.
OK thanksy info when I typed in the model in the search, maybe Ill try changing my search parameters.

Few more Q's--

*Can I hook up a back-up camera to this?
*If I get it installed, can I tell the guys not to hook up the safety feature to the e-brake so I can play movies while driving?
*And I have stock nav, I believe the only thing I would lose is the nav's voice feature playing if I installed this HU-I have no problem with that I dont use that feature anyway, but nothing else in nav will be affected right?

TIA guys...and recemondations for where to buy these? Or for other dd in dash hu's like this?
Old 06-06-2005, 09:50 AM
tonysZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm not sure about the 1st and third question but my buddy has this head unit and he plays movies all the time while he's driving....he bought that unit plus the matching navigation off ebay for $1800
Old 06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by tonysZ
i'm not sure about the 1st and third question but my buddy has this head unit and he plays movies all the time while he's driving....he bought that unit plus the matching navigation off ebay for $1800
Thanks already found out if you ground the green wire going to the e-brake yuo can play while driving. Still looking for a good deal on this HU know of any sites? I already checked ebay they are almost all refurbished, I would like a new one.