Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need Help With Finding Room

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 06:22 PM
gerthiekins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With Finding Room

MY FRIEND NEEDS HELP. He needs to know a good place that he will be able to put the brains 4 of them from a avic n2 in the Z. So anyone out there that has a N2 and has all those where did you put them at?
Old 06-16-2005, 06:48 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not sure how big the 4 brains are but some ideas for placement are under the passenger or driver seat, or under the carpet in the passenger foot area. also, behind the drivers seat if the car does not have the bose subwoofer, or under the "secret compartment" in the glove box behind the passenger seat.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:55 PM
gerthiekins

yeah i already figured the glove compantments in the back
but not under the seats or under carpet
hmm
thanks
Old 06-16-2005, 07:12 PM
Speck

yea.. it has 4 boxes, Im pretty sure. It has one box for the main brain of the whole thing, that does the GPS and all that stuff Then, it has the box for the NetTraffic thingy (unless I am mistanken and that has no box). It has a box for the, Sirius, one for the vehical dynamics thing; and, I think thats it. If I am corect, that is 4 boxes that have to be hidden somewhere, unless the backup camera has a box, aswell.. (god i hope not.. i got to many boxes haha) I really can not wait to get a Z now.. im pretty much 99.5% decided.. im just.. hung up on that .5%...... so under the seats would be a good place for the boxes then? I BELIVE, I could be wrong, but I belive someone told me, that one of the boxes has to be mounted perfectly level or something, and in a certain direction.. i duno lol. I shall see
Old 06-16-2005, 07:34 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the vehicle dynamics box has to be mounted level and in a certain direction, i believe. i know for sure it has to be in a certain direction, so i'd assume level as well. i'd put that one in the glove box since that is level already.