Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Integrating car kit and stereo

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 10:33 PM
farber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integrating car kit and stereo

Hi how are you?

I am installing a CK3100 Parrot car kit with the stock HU. I have been spending hours trying to get this set up to mute the stereo... I am using the pins that are supposed to be used for the stock navigation for a couple of reasons, so basically I need to send a 6V to Mute, and anything else otherwise.

I have a couple of relays here (what I could find in the store to try), and I have tried every combination of relays and regulators I think. Everytime I think it makes sense, it doesnt work...

Does anyone have any experience installing with the navigation wires in the back fo the stereo?

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Thank You!!

Jeff
Old 03-18-2006, 07:30 PM
SDGuy

I realize that this post is a little late

I make a harness adapter for Bose cars and non-Bose Nissan cars to the Parrot units. See http://members.***.net/quickconnect

For Bose (with or without NAV) , our HBBH-1 does it all with not a single wire to splice or cut. It takes under an hour to install one of the best bluetooth handsfree kits - much better than the factory bluetooth in the new M35. Here is a picture of the new Parrot 3200 color in my FX35. If you need more info about Parrot kits, try http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?code=127593 (I have no relation to this outfit, but lots of the guys get their Parrot unit here)
Attached Thumbnails Integrating car kit and stereo-in-fx.jpg  
Old 03-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noob question:

I have Kenwood 7015HU. SO i just buy the Parrot kit and the HBBH-1. Will it work? The sound will go through the car audio system?
Old 03-18-2006, 08:11 PM
SDGuy

No , it wouldn't. Our HBBH-1 is only for the factory headunit with Bose. But I still highly recommend a Parrot unit. Especially since you are already so high tech with the 7015

The Parrot has a mute wire that would hook up to the mute wire of the 7015. This would mute the radio when making or receiving calls. That is half of the battle. Then, as far as routing the audio out of the Parrot, you could go two ways: If you don't have an external amp or subwoofer - connect up the Parrot to all speaker leads as per their instructions. If you do have a remote amp, you would need to connect the Parrot to an external speaker - but in the smaller cockpit of a Z, there will be plenty of audio for your calls. Good luck. Howard
Old 03-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

i have 4 channel Amp to support my 2 pair of component speakers already. That mean i will need to hook up another amp and pair of speaker just for this?
Old 03-19-2006, 04:41 AM
SDGuy

No , the Parrot has an audio amp built in. You would just place a plain communications speaker under your dash. This will work fine. The muting is the tough part and this will be a piece of cake for your 7015. So you will just tap the following wires on the power plug to your 7015: 12v, ground, ignition (switched 12v) and the mute wire. Those 4 wires go into the Parrot. Then, just connect up a communications speaker to the white/white black pair out of the Parrot (PM me if you need help since there are two pairs of this color and you need the "output" pair) and you are all set! Should be an hours work and you will be saying "Call Fred!" + your incoming calls will automatically mute your radio and you will hear the ring in the communications speaker. The 3200 color Parrot has incoming photo caller ID, and tons of other cool features....
Old 03-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

thank you. Will order it on Monday.