Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Help Please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 05:12 PM
umzzz
Cwest Army

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help Please!!!

aright so i decided to put in my own speakers and stuff. so i went to put in the front speakers and as per the direction on this site i unhooked the harness to run the wire to the doors, drilled through the harness and ran the wire to the doors...no problem. the problem i do have though is that i cant seem to get the harness back together. i tried for almost 2 hours and no luck. i dont know what i am doing wrong.

would anyone in the maryland dc area be able to help me out. im in a bad spot because i cant put my window up and therefore cant really leave it anywhere. i think i might be able to get the door closed and drive it so i oculd come to you but i reallyneed help PLEASE!!

would be willing to buy some beers or something afterwards of even just pay you to put i back together im desperate!!

thanks
Old 07-17-2005, 05:16 PM
momo 350z

where @ in md..i'd be willing to help you..you also said you couldnt get the harness back together? do you mean it wont plug into the door harness?
Old 07-17-2005, 05:27 PM
umzzz
Cwest Army

the harness that runs the wire into the doors. this one:

https://my350z.com/forum/attachment....chmentid=15396

i just cant get the two ends to plug back into each other. i really tried for like 2 hours with no luck and i havent even touvhed the drivers side yet. i should have gotten these installed professionallY

i live in rockville but i think i can get the car back together enough to get it to your place if thats more convenient.

i really appreciate it man

Last edited by umzzz; 07-17-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

wow...you both have the same avatar, are from maryland, have post counts that end in 3, and registered in a month that starts with m. I got confused!! LOL
Old 07-17-2005, 06:57 PM
WhiteZed

clip the inside one in first.. the white one

and it will plug in, it is tricky and i got stuck with it...

but it will work..

also from memory another way it can work is to push the outside clip in the hole and then connect the white one from the inside, then once they are connected push it into place...

make sence??
Old 07-17-2005, 09:16 PM
umzzz
Cwest Army

Believe me ive tried both ways with no luck. I just cant seem to get them to clip together. I get them pretty close but for some reason they just dont clip in. I cant use the locks or the windows. I appreciate the advice but i think i just need someone to help me out with it.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:41 PM
WhiteZed

im not trying to sound like a ********

but try harder, they do pop back into place, you just need to figure out, also make sure the outside leaver is in the down position..

just keep playing with it, there isnt much to break there, so you dont have to worry about breaking anything...

i know hand space is limited

jsut try it and relax, because they do go back in...

i had stress issues when i ran my speaker wire thru these.. but i eventually sorted it out
Old 07-18-2005, 04:17 AM
dual5

what i did is... remove the wire you're running through the brackets and get the brackets back together without it. once your comfortable doing that, run your wires through, and slowly pull on both ends of the wire as you incrementally push the housings together. you need to make sure there isn't any wire in between the two harnesses, and this is probably what you're running up against. make sure the holes line up, make them bigger if you have too.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:39 AM
parboy

Another thing that might help is that when you get the outside piece almost in, close the door slightly to give yourself more room in there to align and push the outside piece in.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:58 AM
umzzz
Cwest Army

thanks for all the suggestions guys...stopgo has kindly offered to come help me out tonight as well as another friend of mine from work...hopefully i can get this buttoned up tonight...
Old 07-18-2005, 01:59 PM
disturbed2483

you need to clip in the back piece (inside the car) and then semi close the door to clip the front make sure the door is not fully extended open and it will go in really easy. i had the same problem until i kinda closed the door. hope that makes sense
Old 07-18-2005, 05:33 PM
umzzz
Cwest Army

mission accomplished guys

thanks everyone for the suggestions