Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Alpine 9855 problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 12:45 AM
orangeboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alpine 9855 problem

Anyone else have problems getting the CD to eject on their Alpine CDA 9855 ?

Mine seems to develope this fault when it's been running for a while, but seems OK when it's not been on long. You press the button, it beeps as per normal a few times, says 'eject disc' or whatever it normaly says then flicks back to it's normal screen & carries on playing, without even trying to eject the disc

If you go into the menu for the face tilt you can't get it to alter the control panel angle either when the eject function is playing up. I've had a good look at how it fits into the dash this morning incase it's catching somewhere slightly due to heat expantion when the unit gets hot, but it looks fine.

Can only think this is some sort of heat issue as it seems to work when the unit is fist run, ie 'cold' & starts playing up when it's 'hot'.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:46 AM
DougJones

It sounds like you have one the bad units that Alpine produced. This is a known problem and your dealer will replace the unit under warranty. Good luck.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:34 AM
james840a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, i have the same unit, and dont have any proplems. My dealer told me about them, he say to look for a orange dot on the box. If it doesnt have a dot on it then you have the proplem unit, and take it back for one that does.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:32 PM
orangeboy

Cheers for the info guys
My dealer said to bring the unit in for 'bench testing' to see if they could recreate the fault & then 'repair it' Told them I would like a new unit please (no orange dot on the box) & they said they had to look at it first & would not just swop it for a new unit. They said they have never heard of this fault before. This means I have to remove the HU & leave it with them for a day or so, which will no doubt turn into several days...then a week...then a few weeks as they send it off to be 'fixed'.
Didn't really expect to have this sort of problem with an Apline unit/main dealer, thought they were supposed to be a quality product/service
Old 07-18-2005, 03:53 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a similiar problem with my 9851. the motor went out so i cant eject my cd. No I can either put an ipod plus adapter which will cost me over 350 bucks..Can I just connect a cd changer on it so I wont need to get the ipod? How much would it be to get a nice changer on it..5discs is good enough. Suggestions on changers? Thanks!