Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Help with rattling trunk!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 01:27 PM
SkiTTlez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parboy
They are in the very rear corners of the trunk. They are behind the black foam pieces in the corners. It's just a plastic piece with 3 rectangular holes that has a small piece of fabric covering it. When the doors shut, or if airbags deploy, it vents the pressure out of the cabin of the car. But when the bass hits from your system, the fabric cover piece flaps and makes noise.

I finished my trim panels up Wednesday, and with those in place, I don't hear the flapping sound from those vents anymore.
awesome! thanks so very much for the info
Old 08-10-2005, 02:34 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by parboy
They are in the very rear corners of the trunk. They are behind the black foam pieces in the corners. It's just a plastic piece with 3 rectangular holes that has a small piece of fabric covering it. When the doors shut, or if airbags deploy, it vents the pressure out of the cabin of the car. But when the bass hits from your system, the fabric cover piece flaps and makes noise.

I finished my trim panels up Wednesday, and with those in place, I don't hear the flapping sound from those vents anymore.
I never knew those flaps would cause rattle. Maybe that's the little bit of rattling I keep hearing when my sub hits. The entire trunk is already dynomatted , even the brake light. It might take me a while to pull the panels off, but I'll pull them things out. Does anyone know if there is an adverse effect to pulling those out? Will moisture or rain water splash into the trunk from the undercarrage?
Old 08-10-2005, 02:51 PM
dannichols

Pulling them off shouldn't cause a problem, except maybe allowing a bit more noise from the outside in. Covering them up will cause more of a problem. I did that and it made the Rear hatch and doors very hard to close when the windows were up in the car. For the little rattle they cause, I would leave 'em alone.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Seel

Having a hard time finding the vents in this thread. Can someone post a pictures please. Would highly appreciate it. Thanks...