Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bose Owners Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 11:10 AM
M3This

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose Owners Please Help

Hey guys I have the Bose stero in my touring model, and had a question. I am happy with how it sounds and really dont want to drop a ton of cash into upgrading speakers and such, my only complaint with the current system is the head unit ... 1) its ugly and 2) it dosnt have some of the features that I want. So my plan was to get the Eclipse AVN5435 head unit and keep the rest of the system stock.

Now here is my question ... a friend of mine changed out his head unit on his Bose system on his G35 Coupe and now it dosnt sound as good. Its almost like it has too much power ... its not as crisp any more. Any ideas why? Would I have the same problem with a new head unit? or did the stereo shop not install it correctly?
Old 07-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Act of God

I'm not expert but I am pretty sure the Bose setup is pretty "complicated" and all the speakers and headunits are allegedly matched together. The general consensus is to change out everything if you are going to mess with it. Otherwise you gotta deal with ******** adapters and annoyances.

I know it sucks to dump a lot of cash into it since you have the premium system, but I think if you are going to put any money into the stero....do it right
Old 07-29-2005, 11:27 AM
M3This

personally I would rather dump the cash in a Turbo kit .... and just wanted a nice head unit ... sux that you have to rip out all the Bose crap.
Old 07-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Bloze head end sends out line level (RCA level without the RCA type connectors) to a trunk mounted amplifier for the four corner speakers and a tiny (REALLY TINY) amp for the subwoofer mounted next to the subwoofer.

It is thought that Bloze tweaks their outputs to make the best of their rather wimpy speakers. There that equalization takes place I don't know - if within the amp you're going to get the same sound out of the new head end as you did the old to about 99%.

Those little amplifiers are funny their so small. I'll take a picture of the Bose amps next to my Infinity ones for a size comparison. The stock subwoofer is rotten. The front speakers are really poor. The rear speakers and tweeters are probably not that bad (as in not terrible).

Here's the front speakers compared to the ones I use:

Here's the subwoofer - I tried the 1030W and changed to two of this model's bigger brothers the 10.1 VQ's:

And best for last ... the amplifiers compared:

(the crossover's for the Kappa 6.1's are bigger than the stock amplifier!)
Old 08-06-2005, 09:24 AM
thrill350z

ya my friend changed the bose system in his audi and it was a big headache