Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Problem with RMT wire to amp

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 06:41 PM
dza00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with RMT wire to amp

I have an Avic-d1 HU and a PG ti600.2 amp. When I connect a blue wire from the PG amp RMT input to the antenna turn on I get no amp signal. The amp is fine as I tested it on my brothers car. i think The blue wire is also functioning because i changed wires to check if it was getting no signal.. .

Does anyone know an alternate wire to tap for me to get power to the amp?
Or am I connecting it to the wrong spot ( don't think i am) on the HU?
Old 08-04-2005, 07:10 PM
ClaytonC01

may be the wrong wire.. i dont know much about the alpines, but on pioneers the remote wire on the HU is blue with a white stripe. If you have a voltmeter/multimeter, check the wire youre using and turn the key on to ACC to see if you get power.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:18 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could run power from the radio's ignition senor - the amplifier would be on all the time the car was running which is probably the case anyway.

The power antenna wire out of the Pioneer headend ought to be putting out +12 volts when the radio is turned on. Wonder if they lower the antenna when you're listening to a CD?
Old 08-05-2005, 12:30 AM
dza00

It was the ground wire I didn't fasten it to a good spot. Everything is working fine now except I originally decided to ground the parking brake sensor under my brothers advice that with the sensor plugged in I wouldn't be able to use the navi with the hand brake down. However, this backfired and we had to attach the HU Parking brake sensor wire to the wire under the hand brake. Even after this, I still get the "parking brake sensor not plugged in" error and I'm not able to function the navi at all. Anyone know what I can do? Reset ecu?
Old 08-05-2005, 06:38 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the AVIC N2 and got the parking brake message for a few days until the thing stopped *****ing. I cycled the brake while in park and fired up a DVD and since then I don't recall it complaining. It did notice that I started the car with the brake engaged popping the message up. Once I released the brake the message went away.

Does the D1 have a system set up with a hardware menu where you can check the connections? The N2 does and as you pull and release the e-brake it will display a message.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:00 PM
dza00

nah, i don't think i have the connections thing. However, the unit is functioning properly now.. i guess I just had to give it a little time.

The last question ... I swear, especially to those with pioneer navi units, is how I trick the unit into believing I'm at a stand still so I can navigate while driving. This part of the avic is really pissing me off. I spaced the handbrake sensor so that the car would detect it as always up and this allows me to navigate with the hand brake down but not when the vehicle is moving. So I'm thinking of disconnecting the speed pulse wire .. Anyone have a alternate solution or any experience with operating without this wire?
Old 08-06-2005, 11:12 AM
dza00

bump.. anyone with the d1 do anything about this? ... I'm really not happy with the navi disabled while im driving
Old 08-06-2005, 11:40 AM
dza00

I should have just looked at a few reviews before I bought it... seems like tehres no way to bypass this without really digging into the unit... Oh well.. time to go shopping for a new unit. I don't recommend this unit to anyone at all. The safety mechanism not only does not allow you to enter/change a new destination but prevents you from viewing restaraunts etc. while driving (the best feature of a nav imo). If anyone still wants this unit though for some odd reason let me know and I would be more than willing to sell this 1 day old D1 for a good price.