Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

REAR speaker install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 04:55 PM
grebmohr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My $.02

If you are a true audiophile, then the car aint where you gettin your auditory fix. You get them at home where you can tune a sweet spot and have the perfect image in perfectly sized room with the right ceiling hgt. and the correct acoustic sound breaks placed by a computer program or alot of trial and error.

A car cannot do it. SO to make the best of the situation place your speakers very carefully.

As a rule Bose does not care where they put speakers. As evidence, look at the stupid home systems they make with twist-o-flex speakers. According to bose (which i have in my car for the moment) you just throw sound all over the place and it creates room filling sound and thats just great, right?

The best set up includes front component speakers, rear fill speakers and a subwoofer. hmmm. sounds like the bose system.

OH YEAH- you gotta spend more than $25.00 on the whole system to make it sound good. Shame on bose.

So replace all your transducers and Amplifiers and keep the head unit- It aint too bad. The rear speakers would do much better in the rear strut brace faceing slightly forward. and the sub would sound better far to the back of the car facing rearward, sealed, or downward, ported. you gotta play with the numbers.
Old 01-16-2003, 06:17 PM
DiverDown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen grebmohr!!!