Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X889 settings

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 04:04 AM
bonds24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenwood Excelon KDC-X889 settings

I just got this deck and it is really great and there are so many settings. My problem is there are too many settings and the manual does not tell you what some of the options mean. Anyone know a site that explains exactly what WOW and some of the other EQ settings are and how to set them up properly for a good SQ system. I played with it some and am not sure if I have made any positive improvements. Thanks
Old 08-30-2005, 11:43 AM
alienx

I have the same deck and love it. But I found the manual to SUCK, just like you. I can't really answer your question, but I'm glad to see somebody else is having the same trouble.

I still haven't found a site like you are looking for, but I've played around a lot with the different functions. They seem to be overlapping. That is, you can adjust the tone in a few different ways, like with the EQ, or some of the sound field settings. A lot of the other things just set the cabin and position of the listener. After you adjust them enough you'll be able to hear some of what they are trying to do. The thing that is frustrating to me is how I can't tell which settings defeat others. For example, you can set your tone using the EQ, but I think if you choose one of the other sound processing funtions, it may override the EQ. I don't think they are additive.

So every month or so, I get in and think the stereo sounds flat and I go through the process of playing with the controls until it sounds better. Kenwood's site is worthless.

I know I didn't really help here, but I am in the same boat anyway.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:51 AM
bonds24

Yeah that manual is the worst. I wish someone would list off what the different settings do/mean. Right now I just have everything off or set flat