Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Suggestions on a good car stero shop.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002, 09:42 AM
Bostonian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions on a good car stero shop.

I know a lot of people are from the west coast and the southern states, but I am hoping someone could refer me to a good shop that will due top notch work(stero,nav,dvd etc..)I am going to want a lot done and I am going to want professional workmanship. I am from the Boston area(south) and maybe someone knows of a good shop in southern Boston area. Any suggestion will be very appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-18-2002, 03:52 PM
black300zx

I've heard many good things about Rich's Car Tunes in Watertown. They've done many competition vehicles, and worked on expensive cars like Porsches and MB. When I'm ready for an install, I'll be stopping by to check them out. I have no idea what their prices are, but they carry all high-end stuff. Check out their site, I think it's cartunes.com.

There is one more shop where I got my last system done called The Aftermarket in Allston. DONT GO THERE! I'm not even sure if it's still around. After I decided on all the equipment I wanted, I came back to find they installed all downgraded stuff in my car. The Diamond Audio speakers were 5 inches instead of 6 inch, and they did not install the tweeter separately like I wanted. The PPI amp model they used had half the power of what I originally specified, they told me I didn't need that much. It would have not been a bug deal, but they did not informed about any of this. I found out once everything was in. The system sounded good and they did an awesome job with the custom box for the Illusion Audio sub, but after 6 or so months it sounded like crap! You would think with all this high end equipment it would've lasted more then that. I blame it on the install, I think the weak amps ruined the speakers.

Good luck finding a shop and let us know what happens.

Eduardo
Old 12-18-2002, 04:50 PM
Bostonian

Black300zx,
Thanks for the info. I think this is best way to get accurate info about shops(exhausts, steros, etc..)