Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Infinity Perfect 6.1 or Boston SL60 - Basslink II?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 07:10 PM
parrotthead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Infinity Perfect 6.1 or Boston SL60 - Basslink II?

I just bought a new headunit (kenwood ddx 7017) and I want to go ahead and upgrade my front speakers. I'm torn between the Infinity Perfect 6.1s and the Boston SL60's. Any suggestions?

For the time being I am just going to use the head unit to push the speakers but I plan on adding an amp at a later date. I'm still not sure if I want to do rear speakers or not, have been reading up on other post about this and it seems the majority of people say not to bother with it.

I'm also going to buy an Infinity Basslink to add a little bass to the system. Anyone have experience with the Basslink II? Does it fit? I see from the stats that it is slightly larger than the original.

Any suggestions would be great!
Old 10-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You really need to listen to the two front speakers side-by-side or worse listen to them at different times. I didn't listen to the Boston Accustics but I did listen to the Infinity's ... which were my choice. But that's my taste and not might not agree with your's. They're fine speakers both but I'm sure you'll hear the difference between them, and given the chance, pick the ones that you like.

The rear speakers don't add much to the mix. I have mine like at about 1/4 the volume of the front speakers, if they were off I might not even notice it. They add a bit of depth to the sound.