Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

VALENTINE ONE - Wiring Problem

Old 12-24-2002, 01:24 PM
silverzman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VALENTINE ONE - Wiring Problem

Just got my Valentine one and am having some problems wiring it. I took the advice of those before me and tried to wrap the power cable around the cigarette fuse and plug the fuse back in. Problem is that the fuse will not go completely back in with the wire wrapped around it. Any suggestions???

Also, if I choose to tap into a switched wire, anybody have any idea which one? There's a ton of wires down there.

Thanks!
Old 12-24-2002, 01:29 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LittleFuse makes a slick thing called "Mini Add-A- Circuit". Pull fuse, pop this in, and connect V1 to the attatched wire. I got mine at Pep Boys.

Good hunting!
Old 12-24-2002, 01:43 PM
zblime

If you can't find that product at Pep Boys, you could do what I did...

trim a spade connector to the same size as one leg of the 15 amp fuse and insert that into the fuse block. Connect the spade connectoir to the in-line fuse holder that comes from Valentine.

I put another spade connctor on the ground wire and inserted it between the mounting bracket and the fuse box, which made a solid connection
Old 12-24-2002, 03:03 PM
silverzman

Originally posted by EnthuZ
LittleFuse makes a slick thing called "Mini Add-A- Circuit". Pull fuse, pop this in, and connect V1 to the attatched wire. I got mine at Pep Boys.

Good hunting!
Found it at Pep Boys and it worked like a charm. Thanks guys! Now to go find some bogeys
Old 12-24-2002, 04:50 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you baring the wire enough? Are you wrapping any plastic covered wire around the fuse? If not, it should just plug right back in. You have to push it a little harder than just the fuse alone but mine fits right in there...no problem. You only need a little bit of wire (maybe a quarter to a half inch) and it should fit.
Old 12-24-2002, 08:38 PM
silverzman

Hi Dr. Bonz. I'm a little confused. Here you say you are connecting the phone jack plug into the fusebox:

To hook into the fusebox, I cut off the phone jack plug and bared the four wires. I used the 15 Amp fuse for the cig. lighter. I assumed that you would use the red and black wires so I hooked the red into the fuse plug and the black to a ground....NO DEAL. I then tried the green into the fuse and the red into the ground and it worked fine. I tried to read the manual on this but it wasn't listed.
So are you bypassing the direct power adapter?
I am trying to hook the red 16 gauge-ish wire into the fuse coming from the Direct power adapter. Is that wrong???
Old 12-24-2002, 09:03 PM
silverzman

Reason I ask is that I used EnthuZ's advice and purchased the "Mini-Add-A-Circuit" at Pep Boys and tapped into the 10A 'mirror' fuse(right next to the cigarette one). Works great, but now my console lights don't work

I would have tapped into the 15A cigarette fuse, but the "Mini-Add-A-Circuit specifically said not to use anything over 10A.