Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Sirius Satellite Radio in an 06 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 07:58 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Satellite Radio in an 06 Maxima

Hey all, i know this isn't a Z, but i still figured to give it a shot before i deal with the idiots over at maximaforums

My dad just bought an 06 maxima, and for christmas, i want to give him the sirius satellite radio (he wants it because it has the margaritaville channel- he is a die hard parrot head). he could have gotten it with the car, but decided the dealer cost was too much, and the car he wanted didn't have it on it anyways, and he got a killer price on the car, so he wasn't going to walk away from it just for a radio.

he will probably only use it in the car and never remove it.

now i am unsure if the new maxima radio has a button to swith to a satellite tuner or not. does anyone know?

is my best bet to get him one with an FM modulator? I will most likely hardwire the power in to the cigarette lighter or some other power source. (not sure if he would let me do this for him or not, probably pay someone to do it. he knows i do all my own work on my cars, but this is his car)

should i just use the FM Modulator or is there a way to get it installed wit the existing stereo control?

oh yea, his car is fully loaded except for the sat. radio. it has the blose stereo

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brandon

Last edited by mr2fasterthanyo; 12-07-2005 at 08:12 AM.