Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

What LCD's can fit in the storage bin?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Shadowrwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What LCD's can fit in the storage bin?

Has anyone put an LCD in the storage bin in the dash board? What size LCD can fit there? Can you close the door if there is an after market LCD in there? Ive been trying to figure out what fits and if it will work in that spot. I figured some people here have already done this and figured it out, but its come to the point where i might as well just ask people here instead of troubleshooting until i find the right match. So if anyone has any idea please fill me in.
Thanks.
Old 01-12-2003, 02:26 PM
rouxeny

Search please, but to get you up to speed, the Farenheit 5.8" and 7" monitors fit, as does the Alpine one.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Omega350Z

my pretty generic NESA 5.6" screen with internal tv tuner fits pretty well. its not big enough to fill the opening, but it has a silver housing that matches up with the rest of the aluminum accents in the car. I plan on mounting it sometime in the next week or so, dont know about actually wiring it up yet since i dont even have any video source or fm modulator to input audio to the headunit but ill power it up so i can at least watch tv on break at work. Its nice because the housing fits behind the opening without having to dissasemble so it will hopefully look like a clean install, but with a bezel to define the edge of the screen a bit better. You can make jsut abotu any screen smaller than the opening fit there, just need to use a custom mount or hope that it works out like mine does.
Old 01-12-2003, 07:23 PM
Shadowrwr

Is there any pics of the ones that are installed?(Andrew) I wanted to try and get a clean look. Im gonna bring it by a car audio place by me to see if they have anything. Omage350z when you install yours could you possibly send a pic? Im trying to get a basic idea of these installs and how it looks. Thanks,