Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

anyone use the autolock?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Frostydc4

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I use two of them on my G35 (one on the brake pedal and one on the gas) along with the club. Its a theft deterent (it can only slow the theives down) and if the theives want it badly they will get it (most likely with a tow truck sadly). They sell a tool (mostly to repo men) online that brakes it in less than 30 seconds. The best approach to security is to layer your protection (club, alarm, kill switches, autolock, etc).

<------- Had two previous cars broken into and stolen
Old 01-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Frostydc4

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by imseksy
according to the infomercial, its attached to one of the strongest parts of the car which is the pedal/clutch bar. they said its hard to cut that off as well as the actual lock itself.

I had some a$$clown bend the sh*t out of my pedals trying to remove them . The only thing that stopped the theif were the two kill switches
Old 01-09-2006, 11:00 PM
imseksy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah im planning to get a compustar pager alarm along with the autolock. cant see why i cant be prepared for something like this. i know they are just tools to slow thieves down, but hey one second can determine whether a thief steals your car or gets busted trying.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:40 PM
w1zdom

Heh they work pretty good, I dont have a Z yet but on my car I use two clubs, 1 clutchlock, killswitch, and two high-tech looking LEDs that scroll back and forth on the inside doorpanels and look so high-tech that thieves dont wanna mess with the car anyways . Ill post pics later
Old 01-10-2006, 01:00 AM
lilaznxboi08

well you could actually still start your car, since that when you have to hold down on the cluth it is basically pressing a button in the back to start your car.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:25 AM
mofo.

The auto lock gives a sense of security..

Thief wants it bad enought, Hell take it. Otherwise car theives are lazy as hell and most likely wont steal the car if the auto lock is on.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:55 AM
thezedsled

I used to have a friend that was a detective for the Phoenix PD and I asked him about the club one time just because they were on sale at the local hardware store and I often park in a bad part of town. He said that most often when a car thief sees devices like these they have already gotten inside of the vehicle. The vast majority of them won’t bother trying to steal the car when they realize it has a device like this and will instead steal what they can from it and vandalize the rest. He said they see everything from shredded seats to smashed in dashes and gauge clusters. They will destroy it just out of spite for not being able to steal it. After that I decided if they want to steal my car then more power to them because after all that is what insurance is for. I would rather see it go away and never return than to come out and see it all smashed and torn up.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:53 PM
ws350

When I was looking for one, the cashier recommended getting the one with the flat key instead of the cylindrical key. She said that she had the one with the cylindrical key and it was a hassle to use, since the lock is beneath the dash.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:58 PM
imseksy

Originally Posted by ws350
When I was looking for one, the cashier recommended getting the one with the flat key instead of the cylindrical key. She said that she had the one with the cylindrical key and it was a hassle to use, since the lock is beneath the dash.
but arent flat keys easier to duplicate? at least cylindrical keys will give the thief a little more hassle as well. i know there are locksmiths that can dup the barrel key too but i think its better.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:13 AM
g35pm

My whole family uses autolocks on their cars. No cars stolen yet (including the camry and the civic, most stolen cars).

I've got one on my G, plus an aftermarket alarm with a tilt sensor (the stock alarm is such crap). Plus, I cover my car(w/lock) when it's parked at night.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:26 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Garage and A Glock.. This Looks Cheaper..
Old 02-07-2006, 10:31 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That being said.. Anyone else park with their Tops Down on their ZRs?
Old 02-07-2006, 10:59 AM
wooochang

i do, cept its ashy today due to the fires in anaheim.

i live in marina del rey and try to park where at least 50~60% of the cars are better than mine though.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:07 PM
g35pm

Originally Posted by sq40
I have a Garage and A Glock.. This Looks Cheaper..
This works too...If I could, I'd enslave an oompa loompa and have him guard my car with an AK-47.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:17 PM
ws350

Originally Posted by imseksy
but arent flat keys easier to duplicate? at least cylindrical keys will give the thief a little more hassle as well. i know there are locksmiths that can dup the barrel key too but i think its better.
The flat key for the autolock is one of those weird ones with dimples of varying depths along the sides. I'm sure they can be duplicated but probably not by the regular hardware store machines.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:29 PM
dchi_t

but say if you live in an apt like i do, and park in a car port, and you see someone break into your car. you are still not allowed to pound their faces in unless they pose a threat, and when you actually call the cops and report a robbery in progress, they take forver to come and by the time they show up the fuxors are gone, and that's totally BS!! IMO
Old 02-07-2006, 05:42 PM
CAN0802

Originally Posted by sq40
That being said.. Anyone else park with their Tops Down on their ZRs?
I do, depending on where I go and how long I'll be away from it. Generally, Ionly put the top up when I go to work and don't want the sun to beat down on the interior all day.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:03 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dchi_t
but say if you live in an apt like i do, and park in a car port, and you see someone break into your car. you are still not allowed to pound their faces in unless they pose a threat, and when you actually call the cops and report a robbery in progress, they take forver to come and by the time they show up the fuxors are gone, and that's totally BS!! IMO
A police officer I knew pretty well told me to shoot and make sure the thief can't counterdict your story. If he's breaking in your car he prolly has a screwdriver or something like that. You happened to show up while he was trying to steal your car and he tried to stab you or something like that. That or move to Florida...
Old 02-07-2006, 06:14 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Aeleven
Just get a really good alarm, a silent alarm, is best, and a glock with a silencer.
A silencer on your Glock ? Why ? Come on, make s statement (BOOM) !

PS: I prefer my Walther P99 .40 to my Glock or S&W 9SV (Sigma, 9 mm). Latter 2 have the same trigger/safety mechanism and I really dislike it.

Danny
Old 02-08-2006, 01:01 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure about the law here, but just yesterday some guy caught a thief stealing his relatives motorcyle and beat the crap out of him and held him till the cops arrived. doesn't look like anything is going to happen to that guy.

Quick Reply: anyone use the autolock?