Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

rear view mirror problem from stereo install..

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006 | 10:57 AM
dmzx

Default rear view mirror problem from stereo install..

I recently installed a new head unit, amps, everything. My problem: my rear view mirrors dont work from the drivers side button. Yes, I've taken both door panels off, all clips are plugged in. I've also checked the wire harness that goes through the body that you put the speaker wires through. My question is, is there a clip or something in the center console behind the head unit that I could have unclipped? I havent checked there yet, because its a pain to undo if theres not. Fuses are good. Cant figure out what it could be, help would be appreciated, thanks....
Old 01-17-2006 | 11:31 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by dmzx
I recently installed a new head unit, amps, everything. My problem: my rear view mirrors dont work from the drivers side button. Yes, I've taken both door panels off, all clips are plugged in. I've also checked the wire harness that goes through the body that you put the speaker wires through. My question is, is there a clip or something in the center console behind the head unit that I could have unclipped? I havent checked there yet, because its a pain to undo if theres not. Fuses are good. Cant figure out what it could be, help would be appreciated, thanks....
You will not find any clips behind the HU except for the radio harnest clips and the ribbon cable clip that goes into the A/C controls. At least this is what I remember.
Old 01-17-2006 | 11:35 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-
Premier Member

is your car still under warranty? bring it to the dealer. The problem might be from your mirror itself.
Old 01-17-2006 | 11:41 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bubble
is your car still under warranty? bring it to the dealer. The problem might be from your mirror itself.
+1. Don't release any more info than they need either. Don't tell them you install the audio equipment. If they ask, tell them it was done by a professional shop.
Old 01-17-2006 | 12:04 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-
Premier Member

just bring in and say: can you check out my passenger mirror. They are not working. Audio system has nothing to do with it.
Old 01-17-2006 | 12:09 PM
ANXIOUZ

FWIW my washer fluid wasn't working after my stereo install.

Reason: the installer snapped the plastic fastener on the fluid tubing when attaching the amp to the battery. ::shakes head::

I suspect you might have a similar situation where a cable is crimped or got partially cut when doing the install. For it to stop working only after the install, I suspect something happened...not just a bad mirror motor or whatever.
Old 01-17-2006 | 02:08 PM
dmzx

Default .....

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I guess I'll take it in soon. Its still under warranty, so they should fix it. My only problem with that, when they rip the car apart, it never goes back together the same way I like it. Plus, no telling what they'll do to the new system...