Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

climate control rattle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 04:54 PM
ZBran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default climate control rattle?

Recently I fabricated and mounted a new Sirius unit onto my dash. I found it to be pretty easy to get the center console out enough for me to attach and do a clean install, and haven't unhooked the stereo yet to do a full install. However, while taken apart, i noticed that the climate control system (white box) is never really secure in the dash. Well, on a long trip last week, I started to hear it rattle at highway speeds coming from that exact area. It definitely isn't from the radio install. Well, my wife started to hear it, and all I heard the rest of the ride was "there's that rattle. Did you hear that? What is that?. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this kind of rattle? (I know...the one easy fix is not to allow my wife in the car. The other rattle is the one i need fixed!) I was thinking about just stuffing the area around the control box with some insulation, but I'm not sure if this will work, or if the box needs to be seperated to control the temperature. Any help would be appreciated. I have an '04 touring. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:09 PM
plumpzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it in teh same spot, and its loud and it sucks. I wish i knew how to fix it