Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

CDT Slim Braxial components?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 09:26 PM
neur0sis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDT Slim Braxial components?

Anyone have these in their Z? I really like the sound, but want to know how they sound in the Z. I like a lot of the CDT components, but I know some ppl have trouble fitting the larger motor assemblies of the HD series in the door with out some custom spacer.

For reference, I am already running the cut out "stock" speaker as a spacer, so I am fine with that...

I really need to get rid of these tin can sounding Infinity Reference components. Help me out!
Old 02-28-2006, 03:18 AM
bjr

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've got their CL-61a components with a braxial mounted tweeter setup. I don't think I have any latest pictures of how they ended up but I do have some early shots with the spacer I made. At first I stuffed the tweeter in the door temporarily firing up. I used 3/4"MDF rings and the fit was tricky but the magnet assembly on that particular pair was just small enough to sneak them right beside the window and mount them deep in the door with enough room between the speaker and door panel to fit the tweeter mounted to the edge of the basket in the end. If you think pics will be helpful for the model you are looking at let me know and I will dig them up and post them sometime. I am not familiar with their line so I don't know which ones we are comparing here.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:43 PM
dannichols

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried the CDT HD series up front and it was near impossible even with a 1.5" spacer. Looking at the dims of the slims, I would think you are going to have a very easy time with them. In comparion, the easiest set I ever installed in the Z was PG Elites, which like the CDT Slims have about 2" of top mount depth. You should be able to get by with a 1/2" MDF cutout as a spacer. Using this you should also be able to move the cutout hole up and back a bit to better center the mid and allow more room for the braxial arm.