Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 06:48 PM
cylinderking_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)

I have finally finished. I have been woking on this project for about 3 months rounding up the gear and deciding how it`s going in. I had Audio Visions in Everett Wa. do the install Ivan did a very good job. Custom corner sub, speakers in the kicks and another pair of D`9 in the rear. Overall I am very pleased with the overall sound quallity. I`ve been in home audio for several years and let me tell you the sky is the limit in home audio. Go to audiogon and look around. Here`s what`s in the Z.

Headamp Mcintosh mx406
Amp Mcintosh mcc404 (front and rears)
Mcintosh mcc302 (bridged for sub)
Speakers Diamond Audio D9 (front)
Diamond Audio D9 (rear)
Sub Diamond Audio 10 inch D9 (dual 2ohm)
Cappaciter Alumapro 5 farad
Interconnects IXOS 700 series
Speaker wire Audioquest (from home audio, Tsunami,Streetwires,
and other wire manufactures that I felt
would not give my system what I am
looking for wire in home audio is very
important )
Amp cable JL Audio 2-4 amp kit
Dynamat in selected areas
Attached Thumbnails Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)-350z-stereo-done-017.jpg   Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)-350z-stereo-done-018.jpg   Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)-350z-stereo-done-001.jpg   Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)-350z-stereo-done-003.jpg   Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)-350z-stereo-done-012.jpg  

Old 04-09-2006, 08:43 PM
gt3

Looks like a sweet setup!!! Bet it sounds nice. Any more pics of the amp rack?
Old 04-10-2006, 04:44 AM
zmotion

Very very nice.

Good to see someone go for sound quality and not just maximum thump. I am currently putting together a full Dynaudio system with MB Quart amps and an eclipse HU...

Do you mind telling the price of the install???
Old 04-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

jesus that is a lot of $$$$$$

bet it sounds amazing, good job
Old 04-10-2006, 02:26 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's looks excellent, great choice on the components.

I'm surprised you chose to have speakers in the rear?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:55 PM
cylinderking_1

Ok now I will address some of the questions and post some more pitcures in`s been wet up here in Washington. First and formost I reed alot of posts that say don`t put in the rears, I bet I could change your mind if you were to listen to this system. It does image nice with the kicks but the rears do and just the right amount of fade. Remember speakers take at least 100hrs to open up and sound good. Like I said on my 1st post home audio is where my main intrest is, cableing is key when building a system, its all about synergy different cable sound different, so knowing this I looked what car audio had to offer and I was swayed to a decent grade of audioquest OFC speakercable, I went with IXOS because I it would do better sheilding engine noise.
I was originally going to go with Mcintosh/ Dynaudio/Butler then I changed my mind. I will pm you on the cost of the install. This guy Ivan knows his stuff he did a Impalla for a SEMA show that was billed as the Sony car, Its owned by the Sony rep in my area. He also did a lexus that was at the Seattle Hot Rod Show that car was in his shop befor mine and it was sweet I think Ivan said it had like 14 screens in it. Audio Vision is his Bussiness name. I enclosed a pitcure of the wire detail, there is no wire that have any extra length I mean not even a 1/4 inch in all the wireing from the power cable to the speaker wire.
As for were the amps are that is 1/4 inch plexaglass with a bend on 2 end to mate up w/ the rear strut and the ledge behind the 2 seats. I made a alumuinum bracket w/ the proper angle of both places were it would mount. I found a glass shop that could bend it, it has to be heated to bend. The reason I went with smoked plexaglass I wanted somthing that was tranlusant
Attached Thumbnails Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)-350z-ans-stereo-002.jpg   Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)-350z-ans-stereo-007.jpg   Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)-350z-ans-stereo-010.jpg   Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)-350z-ans-stereo-018.jpg   Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)-350z-ans-stereo-008.jpg  

Old 04-11-2006, 01:50 AM
zmotion

Awesome. Personally, I am going to run Dynaudio midbass (no tweets) in the rear to enure my front soundstage is preserved. Unless you have an excellent tuner, the tweets in the rear will give a more capsuled sound effect. But again, it's all in the tuning and flexibility of your system. Sounds like you have both so good for you.....
Shoot me that PM on the price......
Old 04-11-2006, 06:56 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks nice and i am sure it sounds great, nice to see someone else with kicks

my only comment is that i wish the amps were done in a different way, they kinda just sit there and doesnt flow as well as the rest of the install

but overall, looks great, funny you mentioned IXOS for shielding, iused to use IXOS too, and a lot of my peeps who used to compete with them has had major noise rejection issues and have since switched to other brands such as kimber...

as for rear speakers, to each his own hehe, as long as you are happy, its all for the best
Old 04-11-2006, 07:23 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

those are some of the nicest kick panels I have seen yet.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:57 PM
cylinderking_1

Oh one thing I forgot to mention that I was able to retain the spare tire. I notice many people opt to ditch the tire for space. I didn`t feel that was a option to remove it. What does one do if one is 300 miles or even 1 mile from home if they remove it for a amp? My sub box has 2 peices of velcro on the bottom 1x3 inch and it does not move around there is quick connect in the sub wire also. I can remove the box in 2 to 3 minutes. David
Old 04-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by cylinderking_1
Oh one thing I forgot to mention that I was able to retain the spare tire. I notice many people opt to ditch the tire for space. I didn`t feel that was a option to remove it. What does one do if one is 300 miles or even 1 mile from home if they remove it for a amp? My sub box has 2 peices of velcro on the bottom 1x3 inch and it does not move around there is quick connect in the sub wire also. I can remove the box in 2 to 3 minutes. David

One calls Dad. My father owns a wrecker service.

The above is true, but I just said it to be a smart a$$. Even though my father owns a wrecker service, I still have my spare. No one likes being stranded in the middle of nowhere. Nice setup. Mcintosh is top quality sh*t. Get a good alarm and watch your stuff. I hid all my amps (phoenix gold, memphis). The less attention I draw to the interior, the less chance I have off getting jacked in Houston.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:18 PM
rotaryrocket7

Cell Phone for a blowout, and a tire repair kit in the case of a nail. Or, one could acquire Run-Flats

Nice setup!
Old 04-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No speaker grills on your kick panel speakers?

(wonder why they call them kick panels? )
Old 04-12-2006, 04:27 PM
jdohman

laughing at Paul. Those speakers wouldnt last long with my tall *** being in the car.

But on another note. Where are the kicks aimed at? It appears like they are aimed at the third brake light. I just personally cannot see it imaging as well as you claim it to w/ them aimed like that and with rear speakers in. I also would of never of used a driver that big inside a kick panel. General rule of thumb is use the 4" or 5.25 in the kick panel anything bigger should go in a enclosure in the door w/ a 3way setup. But hey this is coming from a guy who does car audio and not home audio. To each there own but for sure not a SQ setup. You have the gear but just not the install.

-justin
Old 04-12-2006, 04:36 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Most car audio component systems perform better off axis than on axis so I dont think it really matters(within reason) how the kicks are aimed.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:33 PM
jdohman

Originally Posted by Ahsmo
Most car audio component systems perform better off axis than on axis so I dont think it really matters(within reason) how the kicks are aimed.

you know your prolly right. But I just see some amazing gear and if it was me I would be VERY VERY **** on my installation. If I sounded rude it was because I was and shouldnt of been before seeing more pictures
Old 04-13-2006, 04:32 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Where have you heard that about only using drivers smaller than 5.25?

And why? I am trying to puzzel that out.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:43 AM
mitchgt

you went with a sealed enlcosure for the diamond d6 sub? I've heard very bad things about not venting them..
Old 04-19-2006, 10:32 AM
narkotic

All that nice equipment and probably ruined the sound stage with a rear fill. WHY???
Old 04-19-2006, 04:33 PM
JimRHIT

Originally Posted by narkotic
All that nice equipment and probably ruined the sound stage with a rear fill. WHY???
Because his ears and his wallet built this system .. not ours.

Quick Reply: Mcintosh / Diamond Audio System (pics)