Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Factory Nissan Bluetooth Phone Integration

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 08:48 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job! I have heard very good things about Parrot's BT products.

If I ever choose to go with a BT kit, it will be one by a stereo manufacturer, just so it can integrate with the HU. But those still are quite expensive; $200 for Kenwood, for example. Hopefully, they will come down a little by the time I upgrade my OEM HU.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:35 AM
philgrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jhchan
I was just looking into these Parrot kits myself. Do the quickconnect harnesses allow the unit to be powered via the headunit? Also does this take up any of the CD changer or other inputs which might be used for other things (ipod, line-in etc) or does this somehow integrate into the standard factory wiring harness sitting in the middle? Thanks!
The Parrot kit gets its power from the radio... Via the harness. You do not have to cut into the wiring harness. It is a complete solution. If you later wanted to take it out for example, no one would be able to tell.

This does not use any of the inputs to the radio. So you can still add other accessories. It essentially goes between the radio and the speakers taking control when the phone is being used. Works like a charm.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:36 AM
philgrocks

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Good job! I have heard very good things about Parrot's BT products.

If I ever choose to go with a BT kit, it will be one by a stereo manufacturer, just so it can integrate with the HU. But those still are quite expensive; $200 for Kenwood, for example. Hopefully, they will come down a little by the time I upgrade my OEM HU.
The Parrot kits are nice. But more important is where you get your harness to connect to your radio. The one I got from that major on-line auto stereo company was a disaster. The one from quick connect kits worked like a charm!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:29 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sunmind
Am a bit confused about how to "pair" the Bluetooth in a 2006 350Z with my cellphone or is there additional hardware that needs to be purchased, if anyone knows please..?

Thanks
Err...I'm a bit confused about the question. You can "pair" your BT-capable cellphone with the car's BT system if you have the said system in your Z. Do you? '06 Zs did not come with it from the factory. Did you install it aftermarket? That is the "hardware" needed.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Err...I'm a bit confused about the question. You can "pair" your BT-capable cellphone with the car's BT system if you have the said system in your Z. Do you? '06 Zs did not come with it from the factory. Did you install it aftermarket? That is the "hardware" needed.

The UK have them in 06's I believe.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:16 AM
hagar2sail

with the parrot install is there a separate mic which you mount elsewhere, or is the unit with the hang up/answer buttons the mic?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:32 AM
philgrocks

Originally Posted by hagar2sail
with the parrot install is there a separate mic which you mount elsewhere, or is the unit with the hang up/answer buttons the mic?
Mic is seperate. I put mine up near the rear view mirror. Looks like it was part of the car up there.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:43 AM
ElDiablo82

I have a factory bluetooth system in my `04 350Z.
It came with the telephone integration, and then maybe a year ago they said there is bluetooth available now.I think I paid 80€ and it works fine. You can´t see anything, and you can make and pick up calls with the steering wheel control buttons.
Is that not available in the US?
Old 06-11-2007, 04:47 PM
hagar2sail

phil I just bought the parrot kit like you had and the quick connect harness. You are right, that is a really nice harness that they sell, no issues connecting it. However, how did you run the wire for the mic? I don't like seeing the wire running around the inside of the car, but I can't figure out what would be a good way to run it. Does anyone know how to take the a pillar cover off?? I am a little worried of doing it cause I have the side air bags. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:54 AM
philgrocks

I ran it but removal of the cover on the passenger side pillar and then tucked it under the headliner.

These things sorta pop off. A bit scary. I do not remember exactly how it came off or if other things had to come off first (like the kick panel).

You can tell if other things have to come off based on if the pillar plastic is under or over the other nearby plastic. If over, just pop it off.

Phil