Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Nobelium Z - Teaser

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 06:39 PM
dark_muppet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a quick update. The custom dashpiece is complete and the cubby is about 90%. Well... for now. I covered them in a foamlike material. Looks pretty good but at some point I would like them to be coated in a rubberized paint instead. But I don't even know where to begin on that. I'm also thinking a good black filler primer would match pretty well. Dunno. I'm still looking at options there. As far as the cubby all that's left is the controls. They're all in and stuff, I'm just not satisfied with the sanding I've done so I think I'll re sand that all down to satisfaction and then look at paint possibilities.

But everything fits. So I'm pumped about that. The main dash piece supports room for a retractable cubby. I would guess that's because the very early 2006's as I understand, still had a motorized retracto-cubby until they went with the doorless.

Anyway...that's that. Ofcoarse, there's still EVERYTHING else to do, but as far as fabrication the majority's done. Just have to build/install the sub boxes and design/build/install an amp mount for the spare tire area.

All the wood is being cut by a carpenter buddy of mine since I have no means to cut wood at present and I wanted precision. Unfortunately he lives in Canada so it's taking forever for them to come in (and cost way too much to have shipped).

So so... that's that.

Last edited by dark_muppet; 04-24-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
BlueBoxer

Nice Nak, if they had ipod controls I would so prefer them over anything else. Unfortunately my ipod has taken custody of my will and desires.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:13 PM
dark_muppet

Yeah... that's what the line driver and touchscreen's for... that and the mac mini