Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

speaker installation and sirius install

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 08:32 PM
StillAlive2029

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question speaker installation and sirius install

ok so i bought one of zenclosures 1 10" boxes and am looking to replace my speakers also, but keep stock headunit, but add sirius...
do you guys who replace speakers also replace the ones behind you? or just the ones in the doors...
also will i need a spacer for most speakers in the door or is it just hit and miss on whether it will fit or not???
i am hoping to do this myself even though i have never done anything like this before...i wont have to run wires from my doors to the HU will I???
i can just splice the new speakers into old wires right???
also what is the best way to get the amp and sub connected tot he HU...where do you guys run the wires???
on the sirius HU install in the NAVI door do you guys just drill holes in it for the wires or what???thanks for any info...
Old 05-02-2006, 08:45 PM
03zsmith25

holy **** let the flaming begin
Old 05-03-2006, 05:59 AM
ckny

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no flames. for the sirius, i just installed a starmate replay into the cubby. it fits just about perfect but I had to drill out the left rear corner of the cubby a bit for the wires.

regarding the door speakers if you do a search you'll find some templates for spacers. they're also sold on ebay i believe. what i did with my last speaker install (before buying door pods) was dremel out my old paper speaker from it's plastic mount and mount the new speaker in there. worked great. you should be able to just wire the new speakers into the old wiring but it'll sound way better if you replace the head unit down the line.

when i just did my audio install i replaced the rear speakers because i already had them but honestly i wouldn't again. right now i don't even have the rears hooked up.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:09 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Save your money and just replace the front speakers. Use the extra money to buy better front speakers.

You will need a spacer. The ebay spacers are the best no hassel solution.

Just splice into the exsisting wires they are fine.

You need a line level converter which can be found on crutchfield.com or any average car audio store.

I am not sure on the sat in the nav thing. I dont see any other way to get the wires in there other than to drill holes.

-alex
Originally Posted by StillAlive2029
ok so i bought one of zenclosures 1 10" boxes and am looking to replace my speakers also, but keep stock headunit, but add sirius...
do you guys who replace speakers also replace the ones behind you? or just the ones in the doors...
also will i need a spacer for most speakers in the door or is it just hit and miss on whether it will fit or not???
i am hoping to do this myself even though i have never done anything like this before...i wont have to run wires from my doors to the HU will I???
i can just splice the new speakers into old wires right???
also what is the best way to get the amp and sub connected tot he HU...where do you guys run the wires???
on the sirius HU install in the NAVI door do you guys just drill holes in it for the wires or what???thanks for any info...
Old 05-03-2006, 10:02 AM
StillAlive2029

thanks for the info guys...that was real helpful actaully
Old 05-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask, I was pretty general...