Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Audio trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:10 PM
JimRHIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

correct ... reluctance there is a system reluctance, but it is all part of the damping system at that point ... think of it as a dynamic spider All told ... its a Helmholtz resonator .. aka a port.

Not trying to straight up call you out earlier on this .. but I had to defend myslef

jim (likes this audio stuff)
Old 06-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
correct ... reluctance there is a system reluctance, but it is all part of the damping system at that point ... think of it as a dynamic spider All told ... its a Helmholtz resonator .. aka a port.

Not trying to straight up call you out earlier on this .. but I had to defend myslef

jim (likes this audio stuff)

hah I think I just wanted to act like I knew what you ment by ported box.

Call me out, I might learn something.

Alex(needs to see his Z)

Destiny, I have been in school for the last 11 months, shortly after installing your system I went to Europe for over a month...hence I have away for a very long time
Old 06-15-2006, 06:35 PM
JimRHIT

Cool Just browse my random audio arguments that I get into every now and again with the best buy/tweeter/(insert audio shop name here) salesmen here.

I usually just throw my 2 cents in hoping somebody reads it and learns ... and honestly, I sometimes just like a good argument.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:41 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally Posted by JimRHIT
Cool Just browse my random audio arguments that I get into every now and again with the best buy/tweeter/(insert audio shop name here) salesmen here.

I usually just throw my 2 cents in hoping somebody reads it and learns ... and honestly, I sometimes just like a good argument.

haha I know what you mean. I got in an arguement with someone last year and in the middle of it all the fellow called me mean spirited. I generally agree with everything you say...but since I installed this system and tested it personally in my own car, I felt like I knew a little bit more about the situation. Granted the problems described left me a little confused because when I left her house...the system was loud and clean. Too loud for me but she seemed pleased. Perhaps I was wrong and since I left for Europe so soon afterwards I missed the complaints she had? I dunno.