Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

factory nav

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 11:13 AM
kurt leonce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory nav

can the dvd base nav system from the factory play dvd movies, or even have some sort of input jacks where one can be atached to it
Old 02-27-2003, 03:59 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

nope, this is not possible...so far, no one has been able to hack the Nissan factory nav to give it DVD play capability...
Old 02-28-2003, 09:09 AM
DoctaJ412

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAV-TV Convertor?

I saw somewhere one a post someone having a NAV-TV Convertor. Is that what would allow us to watch dvds? Do you guys know how much these "convertors" would be if they're out or if we'll ever be able towatch dvds?
Old 02-28-2003, 09:25 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I am in the final phase of working on a new interface which will allow you to add a seperate dvd player (PS2, mobile DVD, etc). This interface connects to the factory navigation system, and allows you to play up to 2 different video sources, or watch tv using a tv tuner, and antenna. The complexity of the install is moderate, and is not a simple plug and play device, but the insstructions will be clear and straightforward to the point that even a novice could install it. However, if you cringe at the thought of taking your baby apart, you may want to to link up to leave the isntall to the pros. The system uses a Black box interface which handles the conversion of the video signals into the factory nav screen, plus in navigation mode, it passes all of the factory nav signals through, so you cannot even tell anything has been added. I will be using a Playstation2 as my video source, but any composite source (Red, yellow, and white RCA outputs) can be used as an input to the nav system. Some other mods have been added, such as a backup camera, which will show an image viewed from the rear bumper on the nav screen, when the reverse gear is engaged. When the reverse gear is disengaged, the factory nav system screen pops back up...

I would say that we are within 2 weeks away from final testing, and the product should be available before too long. The cost will be around $600 or the tuner and nav interface, and you will be able to use any video source with it, once its installed.

I will post more information, once the design is finalized, and anyone interested in getting this system installed, who is located near Denver, can do so for a reduced rate, for final testing purposes. I posted a couple messages a couple weeks back, concerning this limited time offer, but I did not get any response. The offer does still stand, but you will ahve to allopw at least 2 days for install time, and the install fees will be free, and the nav system upgrade will be sold at a reduced cost. Anyone interested can PM me for details...

Here is a link to what I am talking about:
http://www.video-nav.com