Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Car Puter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Neverdoubtme05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Car Puter?

i have my entire carputer installed in the glove compartment behind the passengers seat, but cant seem to get the motor working on the door on the navigation cluster. My Z came without nav so i can install my computer, so i had to buy the nav cluster separate, only problem is i wont be able to have the motorized door unless someone knows a way to power it up.
can anybody out there help me?
Old 08-06-2006, 06:22 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't exactly know how this was designed, but here's my theory:

The motor controller input might work from a +12V trigger. When you feed the trigger line with +12V, the nav door will open and stay open until you disconnect the trigger.

I'd feed the +12V from a connector of the power supply so the nav door opens up whenever you turn on the computer... something like that ahah.

Don't take my word for it... gotta research!
Old 08-07-2006, 04:09 AM
Neverdoubtme05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks... i got the carputer and the nav cluster setup at the shop. We'll try out the 12V connection, my only scare is that the motor thats used to 3-4volts is going to close so fast with 12V that i just transformed my nav door into a makeshift guillotine lol
but on a more serious note, the nav cluster has a circuit board on the 06 with a special female connector peice, im going to head up to nissan and see if they have the peice i need before the shop starts playin with the 12V connection
thanks djtonium
Old 08-07-2006, 03:34 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man you nearly gave me a heart attack. There was a case modder who did the Doom 3 theme, and he had doors that opened to reveal the fans/display using his trigger. It closed by itself when he released the trigger. Fun stuff!