Don't Wait for JL Stealtbox for Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 02:06 PM
BigZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't Wait for JL Stealtbox for Z

I e-mailed the head of marketing from JL Audio and this is his response:

"Good morning Michael,
Congratulations on the purchase of your 350Z! Great car! We've been looking at this car as a candidate for Stealthbox development. However we don't have any plans for it at this time. I've been told that there's a factory subwoofer located behind the driver's seat, and that some brave customers have actually replaced that woofer in order to improve performance. At this time I would have to say your best option would probably be to build a custom enclosure into this same area either on the driver's or passenger side (I understand there's a storage compartment that can be removed on the passenger side). Wish I could help you with a new Stealthbox, but it doesn't look likely we'll be building one anytime soon. Thanks for you interest in JL Audio!"

Strange that JL Audio already has a box for the Mini Cooper but has decided to not design one for the Z. Unless, they decided they weren't happy with their designs for the Z .

I'm glad I ordered my custom fiberglass enclosure by StreetNoyz!
Old 02-28-2003, 08:47 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Maybe I need to contact these guys...

I have been a long time listener and devoted customer to JL Audio's product lines. I have been the proud owner of 10W6's since their initial release 10 years ago. I decided to use 1 10W6 in my install, and it sounds great in the Z. However, I do not recommend using the stock location...its way to close to the listening area. That is why I set out to design my own fiberglass enclosure to take up as little space as possible, but fire at the hatch for the best sound achievable.

Attached is a picture of what I came up with...I am still waiting on custom matched carpetting, but the design and fabrication is complete, and a JL 10W6 in this box, in this location sounds amazing. I wonder if JL would copy my design and give me a few bucks (yeah, right). I am still waiting to hear back from their tech support line as to whether a 10W6 v2 will fit in my enclosure, but its been over a week already, and I am tired of waiting ( )
Attached Thumbnails Don't Wait for JL Stealtbox for Z-done2.jpg