Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

remote window rolled up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006 | 05:30 PM
bofa

Sweet... added to my "to do" list.
Old 08-21-2006 | 06:24 PM
imjust2goofy

So, the 350Z comes with an auto-down feature from your keyfob?

How do you do this? Just hold the "unlock" button?
Old 08-21-2006 | 06:35 PM
KPierson
Banned

Yes, just hold the 'unlock' button down on your OEM keyfob and the windows will lower.
Old 08-21-2006 | 07:12 PM
imjust2goofy

Originally Posted by KPierson
Yes, just hold the 'unlock' button down on your OEM keyfob and the windows will lower.

Thanks... WOW.. I'm at work right now, and I'm so excited about this, I don't think I can wait until I leave... I'm going to have to take my break early and try it out!!

(yea I know, I'm easily entertained... w/e)
Old 08-21-2006 | 07:19 PM
KPierson
Banned

Just make sure you are close to your car, because you won't be able to remotely raise them with the KPtech module!
Old 08-21-2006 | 07:38 PM
Jes-Z

Originally Posted by kalima275Z
I tried it, it doesn't work.
LOL! Nice Pic but I think that fracture happened when your arm was stuck in the window and someone drove off twisting your arm. You're elbow is displaced. That's got to hurt! I sell the Titanium Rods used to fix that kind of fracture. Need a hook up? LOL!!!!

P.S. You might want to get that bullet taken out to before your shoulder gets infected!!!!))

Last edited by Jes-Z; 08-21-2006 at 07:41 PM.
Old 08-21-2006 | 07:46 PM
bobstaff147

Looking at the Window Roll up module on the web-site it has these additional features on a nissan.

1. Vent Windows - Does this mean you can hit a button to automatically crack the windows?
2. Auto Door Locking - Can this be disabled. For some reason I really hate cars that do this. If I want to lock the doors I know where the button is!!!!
Old 08-21-2006 | 07:55 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

One module per car. The module communicates directly with the BCM to raise the windows, and only one link is needed.
And it was simple enough and small enough to wire inside the driver's door skin. I double sided taped it there and just clipped the wires in. The whole installation took about 30 minutes and most of that was taking the door skin off and putting it back on.
Old 08-21-2006 | 08:10 PM
bobstaff147

Originally Posted by bobstaff147
Looking at the Window Roll up module on the web-site it has these additional features on a nissan.

1. Vent Windows - Does this mean you can hit a button to automatically crack the windows?
2. Auto Door Locking - Can this be disabled. For some reason I really hate cars that do this. If I want to lock the doors I know where the button is!!!!
I've found the Auto door locking can be disabled by cutting the yellow wire according to the KPTechnology forums.

I still haven't found out what the "Vent Windows" feature is though???
Old 08-21-2006 | 08:25 PM
KPierson
Banned

The auto locking feature is programmable in software, but if you have no desire to ever use it then simply leave the yellow wire disconnected, as stated above. The yellow wire is used strictly to tell the module when the ignition is turned on, and without this info the doors will never auto lock.

To use the vent feature send two lock pulses to the unit to roll the windows up. When the windows are at the desired vent position hit the 'LOCK' button again. If the 'LOCK' button is pushed while the windows are auto closing they will instantly stop moving. This is both a safety and a convenience feature.
Old 08-21-2006 | 08:42 PM
bobstaff147

The auto locking feature is programmable in software, but if you have no desire to ever use it then simply leave the yellow wire disconnected, as stated above. The yellow wire is used strictly to tell the module when the ignition is turned on, and without this info the doors will never auto lock.

To use the vent feature send two lock pulses to the unit to roll the windows up. When the windows are at the desired vent position hit the 'LOCK' button again. If the 'LOCK' button is pushed while the windows are auto closing they will instantly stop moving. This is both a safety and a convenience feature.
Thanks for the info.

May I suggest a crack feature like the one I used to have on my 3000Gt would be a good addition (I can't remember who made the after market alarm system on it), I had two ways to lock the doors with the remote (two buttons but it could be two sequences also), one way would just lock the doors the other would lock the doors and wind the windows down a couple of inches.

I really liked this feature since I could lock the doors and crack the windows as I walk away without having to pay attention .

With the stock 350z you can hold the lock button on the fob to start the windows going down and release the button to stop them, but it's a real hit or miss affair whether you get a crack or a half open window.

I like to just leave a crack in case it starts to rain and I don't notice or don't remember my windows are down at least not too much water will get in. As I work for a weather radar company you'd think I'd pay more attention to the weather but it has happened.
Old 08-21-2006 | 08:48 PM
KPierson
Banned

Our module doesn't have the ability to lower the windows, since this feature is already included on the OEM remote, so stopping it on its way up is the only way. We also wanted to keep the module as simple as possible so you arn't foced to remember complicated button combinations.

The vent feature actually works out pretty well once you get used to it. I shut my car off, get out of it, shut the door and immediately hit the lock button twice. About 4 seconds later or so I know to look back and hit the button again if I want to leave the windows vented. I never sit and watch the windows go up, but at the same time I've never so far away from the car that my remote is out of range.
Old 08-21-2006 | 08:49 PM
bobstaff147

One more thing I forgot on the feature suggestion.

If the windows were not up and I did the lock and crack button, it would wind the windows up until they closed and then down a couple of inches.
Old 08-22-2006 | 05:33 AM
imjust2goofy

I definitely would like to get the auto up no that I found out about the auto down... It's pretty sweet.
Old 08-22-2006 | 08:56 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist
Premier Member

the KPtech box was one of my first and still is one of my favorite mods

Chris
Old 09-18-2006 | 05:40 PM
OCZTrack

I'm not sure if this is the auto-vent option or the pressure safety feature but sometimes when I'm driving and put the windows up the passenger window will roll back down a few inches. I don't think this has anything to do with wind pressure cause it does it at very low speeds. It will do this a few times in a row unless I pull up on the window switch and hold it up until the window fully shuts. This doesn't happen often enough to get me to waste the time to take it into the dealership but definitely is a pain in the *** sometimes.
Old 09-18-2006 | 07:03 PM
KPierson
Banned

Your power window motor or regulator is about to fail. Take it now and have it replaced before the motor quits working all togehter. This is a very common problem among Nissans/Infinitis.

There is no auto vent feature, the vent feature is 100% user controlled.
Old 12-11-2006 | 11:43 PM
stevemartins

Since this is a common problem will installing the window control module void the warranty? Seems easy for the dealership to point the blame toward the module and force you to pay for the repair as a cop out. Can the module be removed without evidence of it being there incase the car needs to be taken in for warranty repair of power window related problems?

Your power window motor or regulator is about to fail. Take it now and have it replaced before the motor quits working all togehter. This is a very common problem among Nissans/Infinitis.
Old 12-12-2006 | 02:24 AM
KPierson
Banned

The window module does not actually connect to your power window system, it connects to the BCM. The window module tells the BCM to raise the windows. The KPtech module is all low current inputs and outputs.

I can see a dealership trying to void the warranty, but if that were ever to happen (to date it hasn't) KPtechnologies is capable and willing to provide the technical information needed to get the motor/regulator replaced under warranty.
Old 12-12-2006 | 10:12 AM
stevemartins

Cool, I've already placed my order and I'm putting it on either way. Can it be removed without detection if something were to happen and I didnt want to go through a hassle?

The window module does not actually connect to your power window system, it connects to the BCM. The window module tells the BCM to raise the windows. The KPtech module is all low current inputs and outputs.

I can see a dealership trying to void the warranty, but if that were ever to happen (to date it hasn't) KPtechnologies is capable and willing to provide the technical information needed to get the motor/regulator replaced under warranty.

Quick Reply: remote window rolled up?