Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

DUAL XDVD8182 Fully Motorized 7 LCD-TFT DVD Touchscreen

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006 | 12:24 PM
freemanjc

Default DUAL XDVD8182 Fully Motorized 7 LCD-TFT DVD Touchscreen

Has anybody purchased this unit and if so how do you like it?

R,

Free!
Old 08-23-2006 | 02:57 PM
dkmesa350z

My .02--
Don't put cheap *** **** in a nice car. If its for a '92 Civic go for it
Old 08-23-2006 | 03:08 PM
Mewantbfp

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
My .02--
Don't put cheap *** **** in a nice car. If its for a '92 Civic go for it

it looks fine why are you saying its cheap (you might be right im just wondering?) I know that in most cases there made in china and they all work the same. As for the OP I could probably get you a touchscreen 7" dvd monitor for cheaper if your interested. I sell car electronics audio video etc.
Old 08-23-2006 | 03:21 PM
freemanjc

Originally Posted by Mewantbfp
it looks fine why are you saying its cheap (you might be right im just wondering?) I know that in most cases there made in china and they all work the same. As for the OP I could probably get you a touchscreen 7" dvd monitor for cheaper if your interested. I sell car electronics audio video etc.

Iam interested, send me a PM in what you can offer. I want soemthing similar, but the prices of soem of these items with 7 inch screens is hard to justify with three kids! I feel like I am stealing from them!
Old 08-23-2006 | 04:33 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

i have been importing mobile video for the past two years form China, taiwan and Korea, and i will personally advise you to stay away frmo bands like dual, or other off brands, or ANYHTING you find on ebay.

this is why i never bring any indash units over...with my agents testing in the past, having hte in dash either din or double din units on constant burn, retracting and extending their motorization mechanism, i have yet to see a single unit last past 2 weeks time, i would say 90 percent of them end up suffering a motorization failure, meaning the face gets stuck, or wont come out. the other basically had other sorts of screen, or internal failure.

in real world, this translates to a 4-8 month usage time before something is bound to go wrong.

this also is not mentioning the horrible user interface on these units and the horrid sound quality they provide.

b
Old 08-23-2006 | 04:41 PM
Mewantbfp

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
i have been importing mobile video for the past two years form China, taiwan and Korea, and i will personally advise you to stay away frmo bands like dual, or other off brands, or ANYHTING you find on ebay.

this is why i never bring any indash units over...with my agents testing in the past, having hte in dash either din or double din units on constant burn, retracting and extending their motorization mechanism, i have yet to see a single unit last past 2 weeks time, i would say 90 percent of them end up suffering a motorization failure, meaning the face gets stuck, or wont come out. the other basically had other sorts of screen, or internal failure.

in real world, this translates to a 4-8 month usage time before something is bound to go wrong.

this also is not mentioning the horrible user interface on these units and the horrid sound quality they provide.

b
thats odd i know for my 03 eclipse i had an offbrand in dash monitor and it worked for 2 years with no problems I sold the car with out ever having a problem with it. My roomate also has a pyle monitor and it has worked perfectly for him for over a year.
Old 08-23-2006 | 05:18 PM
freemanjc

Well that settles that!

Originally Posted by 16psibrick

b
Old 08-23-2006 | 06:28 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Originally Posted by Mewantbfp
thats odd i know for my 03 eclipse i had an offbrand in dash monitor and it worked for 2 years with no problems I sold the car with out ever having a problem with it. My roomate also has a pyle monitor and it has worked perfectly for him for over a year.

well, my mom drove a ford pinto for 10 years with out breaking down

i am not saying EVERY one will break down, but the chances are there...

but like i said, even if it doesnt break, its horrible to use and sound bad...

but then again, sound quality is relative, so of course it may sound fine to some...

either way, its just my opinion, based on some factual experience thats all...