Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need a How To: 2006 Door Panels

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 11:40 AM
pesci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a How To: 2006 Door Panels

Does nayone have a How to for a 2006 model. I have tried the methods in other links for earlier models, but not comming apart as easy as hoped..
Old 09-08-2006, 11:27 PM
steve671

I don't have a how to but I'm guessing your having a problem with the drivers side. You have to be real careful not to damage the window switch plate but it pulls straight up. I started with the back of it. Using a small dull awl, I stuck it under the plate and lifted straight up. The clips are really strong and it feels like it is going to break, but it will come up. So pull this off and there is one bolt behind the plate. There is another bolt behind the door handle cover piece and that just pulls off. I think that is it before you pull the panel out from the bottom and then up at the top.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:34 AM
cRAYz4life

Just did this last week.

Drivers side
1. First grab the window/doorlock plastic and give it a quick hard pull upward. It will pop out. Unplug the 2 connectors. Once that is removed you will see 2 bolts, remove them.
2. Next pull the door handle and hold it. While holding it use a flat blade screwdriver and pop the black plastic piece(not the little rubber button like older models) behind the handle out. Behind there is a bolt, remove it.
3. Now just grab the panel along the bottom and up each side and give it a quick pull to pop the plastic retainers.
Now you can lift the panel up and off the top edge.
Once it is off look at back of the panel and you will see 2 cables, the lock and the door opener. Disconnect them both and the panel will be free from the door.

Passenger side
Use a panel puller or a flat screwdriver to pop the center out of the vertical handle. behind it are 2 bolts, remove them and remove the handle.
Go to number one of drivers side instructions and proceed from there.

Notes: You do not have to remove the rubber button behind the door pull handle like previous models.
You cannot pull off the padded arm rests like the previous models. They are screwed in from the back. You can remove them for re-upolstering after you take the entire panel off.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:46 AM
skyydiver

Thank you Crayz4life