Need Help Please On Z Audio!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 02:40 AM
Hot Cu
SlammednFlush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Please On Z Audio!

Z Enthusiasts,
For my next mod's I want to focus on the audio of the Z. I currently have the OEM 6 disc Bose with 10" sub. I would like to get the Farenheit 7" screen (I have to get the 03 cubby with finisher) and a DVD/CD/MP3 player that will allow me to do video's from my Ipod, allow for 2-10" subwoofers (to be enclosed by the Zenclosures.com with amp kit), rear view camera and possible another LCD screen.

Some questions:
1. What DVD/CD/MP3 player will allow me to me to do video's from my Ipod, allow for 2-10" subwoofers (to be enclosed by the Zenclosures.com with amp kit), rear view camera and possible another LCD screen.

Can you name a few DVD/CD/MP3 players that will do this?

2. How many inputs/outputs should this DVD/CD/MP3 player have?

3. What type of amp do I need to supply the power for the 2-10" subs?

Can you name a few amps?

4. What type of wiring hareness, dash kits do I need?

For all of these parts, where are the best places to buy them?

I am definitely a newbie when it comes to Z audio, so any help would be much appreciated. This is going to be my winter project since my Z will be in the garage and I want to have something to work on.

Thank you so much to any info from any of the Z members here.

Thanks again

Chris
Old 09-15-2006, 05:37 AM
LayinLo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Cu
Z Enthusiasts,
For my next mod's I want to focus on the audio of the Z. I currently have the OEM 6 disc Bose with 10" sub. I would like to get the Farenheit 7" screen (I have to get the 03 cubby with finisher) and a DVD/CD/MP3 player that will allow me to do video's from my Ipod, allow for 2-10" subwoofers (to be enclosed by the Zenclosures.com with amp kit), rear view camera and possible another LCD screen.

Some questions:
1. What DVD/CD/MP3 player will allow me to me to do video's from my Ipod, allow for 2-10" subwoofers (to be enclosed by the Zenclosures.com with amp kit), rear view camera and possible another LCD screen.

Can you name a few DVD/CD/MP3 players that will do this?

2. How many inputs/outputs should this DVD/CD/MP3 player have?

3. What type of amp do I need to supply the power for the 2-10" subs?

Can you name a few amps?

4. What type of wiring hareness, dash kits do I need?

For all of these parts, where are the best places to buy them?

I am definitely a newbie when it comes to Z audio, so any help would be much appreciated. This is going to be my winter project since my Z will be in the garage and I want to have something to work on.

Thank you so much to any info from any of the Z members here.

Thanks again

Chris

1) You have a few options, I believe the new Kenwood and Apline both can handle all you want to do.

2) You will have a set amount.

3) Which 10" sub do you plan on getting. This will help determine an amp suggestion.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:01 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Pioneer AVIC series will also meet your requirements and add navigation and optional satellite radio. Have a look around Crutchfield.com's excellent web site for what fits and some good clear discriptions of what does what. They have every dash plate and wiring adapter known to man. Another shopping site which isn't so deep in the customer support but has better pricing is woofersetc.com.

For an amplifier depending on how much noise you want to make you'll want 300 or more watts worth of power so budget in the $100-$200 you'll need to provide that much DC power to the amplifer.

For I/O's it sounds like you just need one Audio/Video input pair for your video iPod unless you're going to install a game system which would take a second. For outputs you need to drive a set of full range speakers or two and a subwoofer with audios and the pair of video screens. My Pioneer AVIC N2 does that but adds DVD navigation ability which jacks the price up a bunch.

Happy hunting.