Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

FARENHEIT T-7001MHR LCD Owners, Have A Few Questions For You!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 02:27 PM
KJ-350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FARENHEIT T-7001MHR LCD Owners, Have A Few Questions For You!!

Mine showed up today (thanks Nazar!!). And as much as I like their LCDs I have to say Farenheit's manual (if you can even call it that) that they include is the biggest joke ever! It doesn't tell you anything at it all, completely sux!

So for those of you that already have this one or have used it in the past can you answer these questions for me?

- what are the 7 little buttons on the back side of the top right corner for / do?

- since there is only a + power and - negative wire what acts as the remote turn on? when / how does the LCD power up? is it part of the video in feed?

- did yours come with a casing for the rear of it other than the "headrest pod"? Or is the back all exposed as well?

- lastly, since the remote control sensor is on the far right side did you cut out alittlw hole to expose it when you mounted it behind the cubby or does it pick up the remote good enough w/o cutting the cubby to totally expose the remote-eye?

Thanks alot for any help on these! I can post pics showing the different areas if needed to help answer!

Last edited by KJ-350; 03-15-2003 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2003, 06:37 AM
rouxeny

I don't have seven little buttons. The back is exposed.

Turn on is with the remote. I used a fiber optic cable to run the IR feed, although cutting a small hole through the center console would be easier.
Old 03-16-2003, 05:01 PM
KJ-350

Originally posted by rouxeny
I don't have seven little buttons. The back is exposed.

Turn on is with the remote. I used a fiber optic cable to run the IR feed, although cutting a small hole through the center console would be easier.

Really? And you have the T-7001MHR? Do you have a few pics of your before you installed it, I would like to compare! here is what Im talking about...

Old 03-17-2003, 07:04 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: FARENHEIT T-7001MHR LCD Owners, Have A Few Questions For You!!

Originally posted by KJ-350

- what are the 7 little buttons on the back side of the top right corner for / do?
As I recall, those buttons control screen functions, such as brightness, contrast, format, power on/off, etc. Basically the same things you do with the remote. It would be cool to wire them to some remote switches so that you could get rid of the remote control, but figuring out how to do that, and where to put them might be a problem. Someone with electronics knowledge could probably figure out a way to wire all the buttons to a selectable dial, where you would dial a function, then push the dial to actuate the function. Then you would only have (1) dial to try and figure out where to mount.
Old 03-17-2003, 07:28 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gotta run a switch in parrelel with the switches that are there, it will do the same function.

as for wiring up scafremons idea of the single dial, its a great idea, but I dont even know where youd go to get something like that.

Ive seen "reed" or maybe "read" switches, people put them behind plastic, and you hold a magnet up to them to "push them" so they dont need to be exposed at all. but you gotta remember which is where...
Old 03-17-2003, 08:04 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ares

as for wiring up scafremons idea of the single dial, its a great idea, but I dont even know where youd go to get something like that.
Off of an old guitar amplifier?

Maybe someplace like www.allelectronics.com (an interesting site in any case - all sorts of electronics components there)
Old 03-17-2003, 03:11 PM
rouxeny

Hmm, THOSE switches. I may have had them, but I can't really confirm or deny with any confidence.

I agree that the manual and the remote are both crap. I've so far figured out how to change from normal-wide-full-something else, but I haven't figured out how to adjust the brightness, contrast, or anything else.

The remote is a piece of junk too, pushing the same button can result in either the screen changing display sizes, going to video input 2, or just shutting off.