Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Saved Some SERIOUS $$$ On My System!!!! A "good" eBay post.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 07:41 PM
KJ-350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saved Some SERIOUS $$$ On My System!!!! A "good" eBay post.......

Since there has been alot of post recently about people getting ripped off on eBay I thought I would throw up my experience real quick since it has been nothing but outstanding yet!

After spending hours upon hours reading up on the most recent speakers, amps, DVD players, LCDs, etc. I finally picked out my system. So I headed to all the local shops and soon enough found that my taste in equipment didn't come close to fitting in what I initially wanted to spend, not even close!

But after reading alot of posts about eBay horror stories I was pretty worried about the same thing happening so I before I even bought my 1st piece I set a few guidelines that I had follow. I would only get involved with auctions that the seller....

-Had to have at least a rating of 100 or more
-Had to have an "eBay store and ME page"
-Could not have more than 5% combined negatives or neutrals (I understand that cant please everyone)
-Had to only sell brand new factory sealed pieces
-Had to only sell car / home audio products

Here is a list of the items I bought so far and their list / normal prices...

Kenwood Z910DVD headunit - $999.99
Kenwood KDC-C667 cd changer - $199.99
Kenwood KTC-SR901 sirius receiver - $189.99
Kenwood CX-SR10 sirius antenna - $89.99
PPI PCX-250 amp (rears) - $299.99
PPI PCX-2125 amp (fronts) - $689.99
PPI PCX-2200 amp (subs) - $799.99
Diamond Audio HEX Series S600s 6.5 component set - $599
Diamond Audio M361i 6.5" coax set - $199

TOTAL LIST PRICES OF $4067.93..........OUCH!!!!!!!!!

And just by sticking to the few guidelines I set and not jumping on the 1st of each item I seen I did very well compared to the total of the list / local shop prices. My total out of pocket so far on the above items including shipping and paypal fees so far is only...........$1889.88!

Just by being pretty cautious, patient, and some smart thinking it saved me just about 54% off retail price so far!! I didn't have one problem or situation yet! All items showed up quickly, in sealed factory boxes, no delays, etc. So if your thinking about eBay for some bigger priced items and are alittle discouraged by some of the recent posts or some that you will find in the search there are just as many good posts / situations if not more that you don't hear about! Set yourself some guidelines and stick to them!! The way you pick what sellers to buy from is most important in my opinion!! Have fun and save a **** load of $$$$$$$$$
Old 03-15-2003, 07:57 PM
AAAA

sounds good, bet it sounds sick...congrats, i think im gonna do tha same...
Old 03-15-2003, 08:09 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree on eBay; with reasonable caution, such as suggested above, eBay is an excellent source for several products.

I have bought more than 300 items off eBay with 1 or 2 bad experiences. My buys have almost all been sports figures or high end game used material sports cards with several costing 250-350 bucks. Many of these cards are extremely rare & I would have had zero chance of owning them if not for eBay. One example: I grew up in Detroit in the 50s as a Red Wings fan. The stars of the team included the "Production Line" of Howe, Abel & Lindsay. Last year the BAP card company made game used jersey cards of the production line with pieces of all three players' jersey on one card. 40 of the cards were made. Think I could have found one in Sacramento, Ca? Not a prayer. But I was able to purchase two off eBay. The cards even came graded by Becketts from BAP.

The key issue with eBay is check rating of the seller. If he/she has over 5 negatives (regardless of number of total ratings posts), I'll pass if item costs over, say, $50. Over 10 negatives, forget it.
Old 03-15-2003, 11:21 PM
bastard

Default Red Wings forever!

heh