Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Whats a good alarm system??

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 11:59 AM
TheNiNi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats a good alarm system??

Hey guys someone broke in to my Z and stold my Pioneer Avic-n2 and my center consoland a few other things so i want to get a good alarm system with one of those remotes that tells you if the alarms going off, oh and if anyone knows the difference from the Avic N2 and the N3 and the Z1
Old 11-20-2006, 12:23 PM
james840a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, sorry to hear about it.
I have the Viper 791XV with two way paging witch is a very good system.

So you up in bakersfield, sorry for that too. I use to live up there awhile ago, but ended up moving down here were theres more todo.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:07 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So if the beeper goes off are you going to go out there and yell at the guy?

I've got an alarm made by Viper. More important that the alarm is the installation of the system. The thing could be great but if it lacks a battery back-up it can be worthless. Once the alarm goes off nobody is going to bother glancing at it. Alarms are going off all day and night long where I work and live. I don't even look as **** poor installers have put the sensitivity up so high that a cat walking on the hood - or better yet - a passing ******* with a loud stereo set them off.

Seriously once the alarm goes off what are you going to do. I've taken one 14 year old kid down after I caught him trying to steal a ham radio. Punk was trying to get the ***** and wires loose. I couldn't see how big or old the kid was so I responded with a S&W 5906 9mm at the ready. Once I saw that the kid was just 14 and was about 110 pounds I just grabbed him out of the car and detained him for the civil and military police.

I had a friend who served time in jail when he discharged his SKS out of his bedroom window to scare off someone trying to start his bug. The thief got away but dude spent time in jail for negligent discharge and brandishing.

I park my car in a locked attached garage so I don't worry about things going bump in the night. I do conceal carry from time-to-time and have fully thought out what my response would be if I catch someone tampering with my ride. In most states it is illegal to kill someone for stealing a car - even in Texas.

Old 11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
james840a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^But if your really good, One shot is all you need
Old 11-20-2006, 03:16 PM
jrforrester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get that Dragon's Breath thing they have over in china or wherever.. you know, the one that shoots flames out from under the car if someone tries to steal it! god that would be funny if you hit the panic button by accident...