Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Does stock nav work with new cd player?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006 | 07:42 PM
PTOWN

Default Does stock nav work with new cd player?

I went shoping for aftermarket cd player/dvd player, and everywhere I went they said that they couldn't make stock nav work through speakers. Like when the women comes on and tells you when to turn. They all said that it wouldn't work anymore. Is this true. Because it felt like they where just trying to sell me more stuff then I needed?
Old 11-27-2006 | 07:49 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

sure it can work, there are two things you can do:

1. if you dont care about having the cd player automatically mute when the nav comes on, you just need to take the voice input and output wires coming out of the stock nav, and input it into an additional speaker somewhere int he car, i have used speakers secured under the drivers side dash firing downward as a nav voice speaker with good effect.

2. if you want the new cd player to mute automatically when the nav comes on, you need to use a series resistors on the telephone mute wire of hte new headunit, i cant remember the exact things needed, but doa search on the subject and you should find a post about it...

b
Old 11-29-2006 | 08:00 AM
Beaker02

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
sure it can work, there are two things you can do:

1. if you dont care about having the cd player automatically mute when the nav comes on, you just need to take the voice input and output wires coming out of the stock nav, and input it into an additional speaker somewhere int he car, i have used speakers secured under the drivers side dash firing downward as a nav voice speaker with good effect.

2. if you want the new cd player to mute automatically when the nav comes on, you need to use a series resistors on the telephone mute wire of hte new headunit, i cant remember the exact things needed, but doa search on the subject and you should find a post about it...

b
+1

That's how i've wired mine. No problem. Another option is upgraded mids and tweets in the front and use the rear stocks for the nav voice.